X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lochcarron kilt Package -No longer for sale

Hi, This is a day wear kilt package, all parts are in excellent condition and have seen very little wear.

Package includes:
    Lochcarron kilt (Irish county Antrim tartan)
    Andrew Douglas Tweed Jacket (size 46)
    Eton tuxedo shirt and bow tie (size 46 with 18 neck)
    hose, garters and flashes
    L & M sporran, suspenders and belt

The kilt was custom made for me in 2004 and I have probably worn it 15 times. My natural waist is currently 45" and there is one hole left on the top strap

kilt size, waist 42"
    hip 48"
    length 24" + 2"

$600 Canadian or $450 US plus shipping

BUMP #1: June 23, Price reduction, now $525 Canadian or $400 US plus shipping, or best offer.

BUMP #2: July 6, Price reduction, now $500 Canadian or $380 US plus shipping, or best offer.

BUMP #3: July 20, Price reduction, now $425 Canadian or $325 US plus shipping, or best offer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0883.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	172.0 KB 
ID:	28242

Name:	IMAG0881.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	357.4 KB 
ID:	28240

Name:	IMAG1044.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	28241

Name:	IMAG1045.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	28243

Name:	IMAG0879.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	28244

Name:	IMAG0880.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	345.4 KB 
ID:	28245

Name:	IMAG0888.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	28246

Name:	IMAG0884.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	28247

Name:	IMAG0885.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	28248
    Last edited by Bruce M; 20th July 16 at 09:35 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings rabble. We will all note Bruce is a new member to the forum, which might have some of us pull back a bit because, well we are all human and we like to take some time to get to know people before they start selling things to us. Joining the forum was my recommendation; these are the items I made the post about last week that I was disappointed the items were too large for me. Quality items indeed.
    Now, I did of course encourage Bruce, whom I met the once through his kijiji post, to give up on selling it all and start wearing it!!! Alas, it seems I have failed

I have no personal or financial interest in this sale. Simply a statement that I have physically seen and held the items and they are of high quality. I also note that his kijiji listing must have been suspended as I cannot find it today - so rules are good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taskr View Post
    Greetings rabble. We will all note Bruce is a new member to the forum, which might have some of us pull back a bit because, well we are all human and we like to take some time to get to know people before they start selling things to us. Joining the forum was my recommendation; these are the items I made the post about last week that I was disappointed the items were too large for me. Quality items indeed.
    Now, I did of course encourage Bruce, whom I met the once through his kijiji post, to give up on selling it all and start wearing it!!! Alas, it seems I have failed

I have no personal or financial interest in this sale. Simply a statement that I have physically seen and held the items and they are of high quality. I also note that his kijiji listing must have been suspended as I cannot find it today - so rules are good!
    Everything that Taskr said is correct.

I was conflicted about joining the site because it is clearly for kilt enthusiasts first and foremost. And although I like wearing my kilt and spent a fair amount of money putting this package together I don't wear it enough to keep it. But, having said that, I figured it makes sense to sell this very good package to people who will wear it and appreciate the quality. That's why I joined the forum. Although I have followed the letter of the forum laws, I removed the kijiji ad, I haven't followed the spirit of the laws. If members would rather I left the site I would understand.

Bruce
    Last edited by Bruce M; 9th June 16 at 09:26 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post

I was conflicted about joining the site because it is clearly for kilt enthusiasts first and foremost. And although I like wearing my kilt and spent a fair amount of money putting this package together I don't wear it enough to keep it. But, having said that, I figured it makes sense to sell this very good package to people who will wear it and appreciate the quality. That's why I joined the forum. Although I have followed the letter of the forum laws, I removed the kijiji ad, I haven't followed the spirit of the laws. If members would rather I left the site I would understand.

Bruce
    Speaking for myself, I have found the rabble a pretty forgiving lot, why not stick around for a wee while and see how you go?
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

5. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Jock Scot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mean to pick nits too much but the fabric this kilt is made from is not woven by Lochcarron. I cannot say why there is a Lochcarron fabric tag inside.

So technically this is not a Lochcarron kilt package. To be 100% correct in your description kilts are described by who made the kilt not by who wove the fabric.

This Country Antrim Tartan is woven exclusively by House of Edgar.
    The Antrim County Crest Tartan is owned by Rocky and woven by Marton Mills.
    Steve Ashton
    www.freedomkilts.com
    Skype (webcam enabled) thewizardofbc
    I wear the kilt because:
    Swish + Swagger = Swoon.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post

Bruce
    So are you abandoning kilts altogether and leaving us? or are you going to stick around for a spell? I'd hate to see someone just jump ship..
    "Everything is within walking distance if you've got the time"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of BC View Post
    I don't mean to pick nits too much but the fabric this kilt is made from is not woven by Lochcarron. I cannot say why there is a Lochcarron fabric tag inside.

So technically this is not a Lochcarron kilt package. To be 100% correct in your description kilts are described by who made the kilt not by who wove the fabric.

This Country Antrim Tartan is woven exclusively by House of Edgar.
    The Antrim County Crest Tartan is owned by Rocky and woven by Marton Mills.
    I have read that the House of Edgar has exclusive rights to the county Antrim tartan since 1995. The kilt was made in 2004, is is possible that the fabric was woven before 1995, or maybe this is not a ccounty Antrim tartan? I bought the kilt from a reputable business.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce,

The House of Edgar County Antrim Tartan is registered with a design date of 1 Jan 1996. It was designed by, and is even today, exclusive to House of Edgar. I checked with Locharron and they have not, and do not, weave fabric in this Tartan.
    Steve Ashton
    www.freedomkilts.com
    Skype (webcam enabled) thewizardofbc
    I wear the kilt because:
    Swish + Swagger = Swoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of BC View Post
    Bruce,

The House of Edgar County Antrim Tartan is registered with a design date of 1 Jan 1996. It was designed by, and is even today, exclusive to House of Edgar. I checked with Locharron and they have not, and do not, weave fabric in this Tartan.

Steve,

Not sure how this tag got in my kilt, but I am looking into it. I have removed all references to Locharron in the ad except for the thread title. Would you mind doing that or could you delete the thread altogether?

thanks, Bruce

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm two questions spring instantly to mind. One, is the tartan what it is supposed to be? Two, if it is what it is supposed to be and Lochcarron did not and do not weave it,or construct it, then why is their label on the kilt?

Perhaps we on this website could answer the first question, but the second is beyond the scope of this website, nevertheless perhaps "someone" with official clout, might like to seek out a satisfactory answer? Further more, there will be several more pertinent questions arising from an unsatisfactory answer to the second question.
    Last edited by Jock Scot; 10th June 16 at 02:39 PM.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast