X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Arizona Tartan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arizona Tartan

Hi All,

I looked in the regional and local boards for activity but there's not been anything recently so I thought I'd post here. Would any of you fine folk have interest in purchasing products with the Arizona tartan? I'm a native and I absolutely love it but after speaking with Rocky, the custom option for just one kilt is well outside my price range. If any of you have interest in the near (or far... I seriously want this kilt) future, please PM me and maybe we could do a group buy?

Mods, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. Please adjust/remove if necessary.

Thanks!

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to CoyotesFan84 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bit the bullet on this last year and ended up going the custom route through Rocky. I have no regrets paying through the nose, but it's something I'll probably never do again. Totally worth it, though!

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Chip2 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip2 View Post
    I bit the bullet on this last year and ended up going the custom route through Rocky. I have no regrets paying through the nose, but it's something I'll probably never do again. Totally worth it, though!
    I'd prefer not to have to go that route (no offense Rocky. I love what you do but am on a budget) but it's looking like it's more likely I'll have to than not.

If you don't mind me asking, I searched but had a hard time finding a hi-res image of it. Would you mind taking a pic (don't have to be wearing) and either post or PM to me? I'd really like to see the weft and weave up close.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out this blog.

http://kiltmaker.blogspot.com/2006/1...na-tartan.html

Is this the tartan that you are talking about? I'd love to have a kilt made in this tartan too...but it'll be in the far future.
    "When I wear my Kilt, God looks down with pride and the Devil looks up with envy." --Unknown
    Proud Chief of Clan Bacon. You know you want some!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azwildcat96 View Post
    Check out this blog.

http://kiltmaker.blogspot.com/2006/1...na-tartan.html

Is this the tartan that you are talking about? I'd love to have a kilt made in this tartan too...but it'll be in the far future.
    Thanks for the link but it's totally different! USA Kilts has a series of custom State (seal) tartans which appear to be pulled from the seals of respective states. I know there's a thread in the local forum for those who've purchased this (https://www.usakilts.com/gallery/13-...tate-seal/view) exact kilt from them but I couldn't see any hi-res ones and I'd like to see what it really looks like up close. I (incorrectly) assumed you had the AZ kilt done by Rocky so sorry for the confusion!

But hey, if you're interested in the future, PLEASE keep me in mind. I believe he has to order at least 12-15 yards of material to make it a worthwhile investment so we'd only need one more person to go in if we were interested in getting one. It significantly lowers the cost per kilt.

Let me know your thoughts (that copper color! HNNNGGGGG) and please do let me know if you like and/or plan to purchase this one in particular. I desperately want it but can't justify the custom cost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Closer Look at the Kilt

Quote Originally Posted by CoyotesFan84 View Post
    I'd prefer not to have to go that route (no offense Rocky. I love what you do but am on a budget) but it's looking like it's more likely I'll have to than not.

If you don't mind me asking, I searched but had a hard time finding a hi-res image of it. Would you mind taking a pic (don't have to be wearing) and either post or PM to me? I'd really like to see the weft and weave up close.

Thanks!
    You can get a good look at the kilt in my unboxing video at https://youtu.be/qgPPVQWFmx8

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Chip2 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The official Arizona State Tartan is registered with The Scottish Register of Tartan as #111,
    Registered with The Scottish Tartans Authority as #5706.

The design is dated 01/01/1995

Adopted by Governor Symington Dec 1995.

https://www.tartanregister.gov.uk/ta...s.aspx?ref=111

This is significantly different from Rocky's State Seal Tartans which are exclusive to, and available only through, USA Kilts.
    Steve Ashton
    www.freedomkilts.com
    Skype (webcam enabled) thewizardofbc
    I wear the kilt because:
    Swish + Swagger = Swoon.

11. The Following User Says 'Aye' to The Wizard of BC For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyotesFan84 View Post
    Thanks for the link but it's totally different! USA Kilts has a series of custom State (seal) tartans which appear to be pulled from the seals of respective states. I know there's a thread in the local forum for those who've purchased this (https://www.usakilts.com/gallery/13-...tate-seal/view) exact kilt from them but I couldn't see any hi-res ones and I'd like to see what it really looks like up close. I (incorrectly) assumed you had the AZ kilt done by Rocky so sorry for the confusion!

But hey, if you're interested in the future, PLEASE keep me in mind. I believe he has to order at least 12-15 yards of material to make it a worthwhile investment so we'd only need one more person to go in if we were interested in getting one. It significantly lowers the cost per kilt.

Let me know your thoughts (that copper color! HNNNGGGGG) and please do let me know if you like and/or plan to purchase this one in particular. I desperately want it but can't justify the custom cost.
    I am familiar with the USA Kilts State tartans. Interesting concept, but I like the official Arizona tartan better. Good luck finding a few more that are interested in the one you like!
    "When I wear my Kilt, God looks down with pride and the Devil looks up with envy." --Unknown
    Proud Chief of Clan Bacon. You know you want some!