X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone translate English to Scots-Gaelic?

Hey there. I am currently in the middle of doing my first novel, and was wondering if anyone out there was kind enough to translate some English to Scottish-Gaelic for me, when I needed it? I don't think it will be too much. Just the odd sentence or few. I'm not sure yet. Another author who I contacted said she found help on here, and recommended this site to me.
    I was wondering if anyone was kind enough to do it for me as a favour? There's a few people I googled who I emailed, but heard nothing back, or they wern't too polite and un-willing to help too much, unless for a fee! I certainly would appreciate it!

Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be happy to help as long as the sentences aren't to complicated, I'm sort of at the intermediate stage of my gaidhlig right now.
    PM me when you need help
    "The Scots have a transportable culture, you don't stop bein a Scot just because you live in America or Australia or anywhere else."

Colin G. Calloway

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giving it a go myself... I will suggest the dictionary on the learngaelic.com site - just about every word has audio (better than forvo IMO).
    Gun tèid leat!
    "We are all connected...to each other, biologically; to the earth, chemically; to the universe, atomically...and that makes me smile." - Neil deGrasse Tyson