X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LF Embroidered Kilt

Hello all! I've been searching for almost a year now realized I forgot about this great resource. At last year's Irish Fall Festival in Wildwood, NJ a stand was selling black kilts (possibly linen) with embroidery work on them. The one that really caught my eye was one with a Celtic cross with the phrase "Veritas Aequitas" around it. Sadly they did not have my size so I took a business card and inquired later. They said they would be restocking but after several follow up emails I got nowhere. If anyone represents or can lead me to a vendor who would sells such a kilts please show me the way!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An alternative approach would be to purchase a kilt meeting your specifications (perhaps from one of the vendors on this site) and having a custom embroiderer add the finishing touches. That way you will have a fitted kilt with the embroidery you want vs. one off the rack.
    " Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." - Mae West -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was a festival vendor then the kilts are likely the same Pakistani imports that everyone sells. I did a quickie Google search and didn't turn up anything with embroidery like you saw, but you might try digging around on Ebay and Etsy. That being said, MNlad's suggestion would be my choice as well. It's not hard to find someone to do custom embroidery, which would allow you to have your choice of kilts and more flexibility with the embroidery too.
    Cheers!
    Bob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Celtic cross with those two particular words sounds an awful lot like Boondock Saints! "Easy boys, daddie's workin'."
    Gentleman of Substance