X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Threaded View

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please do not suffer in silence

Within an hour yesterday I received 5 emails from a member who had not logged on in over 5 years. It seems that they had simply forgotten their password. In the end they got the annual automated anniversary message and replied to that.

This is just one of them - (I have removed the profanity)

"Dear Steve,
    I have attempted to edit my profile, but to do that I have to log in. I have attempted to log in, repeatedly, without success. I have not yet found a spot to reset my blinking password. I am once again at my wits end in an attempt to rejoin the community. I have tried several times over the past 2 years to log in with the SAME ******* RESULTS EVERY SINGLE TIME. How do I reset my ********* password so I can gain access? Otherwise your lovely message congratulating me on my anniversary with the community feels like a taunt. I'm sure it is meant well, but today is is only a source of frustration and anger."

Folks, I am here to help you. If you are having a problem of any sort I am simply an email or phone call away.

Please do not suffer in silence. Do not try in frustration for two years like this person did. Once I got this email the problem was fixed within hours.

If you do not have my X Marks email address you can simply click on the "Contact Us" link which is displayed at the bottom of every single page of this forum.
    If you wish, include a telephone number in your email and I will call you on my dime. I can walk you through almost any issue you may be having.

I fully understand that it can be frustrating at times if you do not visit X Marks often. This is a large forum and can be daunting.

But please do not suffer in silence for 2 years trying to reset your email address or your password. (Or anything else for that matter)

If you do not contact me, I do not know that you are having a problem. If I do not know you are having a problem, I cannot fix it.
    Last edited by Steve Ashton; 12th August 16 at 08:39 AM.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner