X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Somewhere in the flat, dusty Texas Panhandle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Longs Peak Scottish Irish Highland Festival

Anyone going to the Estes Park games this weekend? I'll be making the trip from Amarillo to compete in the solo piping and tin whistling all weekend. I'll be in either my Cameron or my Langehennig tartan, so be sure to say, "Hello!".
    ~Live Long and Piobaireachd~
    Jordan "Grip" Langehennig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I could go to the Long's Peak Games, unfortunately I have to work on weekends and my current budget won't afford it as I'm saving my money so the wife and I can move on the 16th. Next year the wife and I will more than likely be in Florida.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PiperOfThePlains View Post
    Anyone going to the Estes Park games this weekend? I'll be making the trip from Amarillo to compete in the solo piping and tin whistling all weekend. I'll be in either my Cameron or my Langehennig tartan, so be sure to say, "Hello!".
    I competed there one year. Make note that the higher elevation can do strange things to your reeds. Of course, I live at zero elevation here in Houston.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am flying up from Midland, Texas for the festival. Will be there on Saturday with a friend from Denver who plays in a pipe band. Really looking forward to it as I haven't been before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with my wife, it was my highland games event. Red Redwine - I grew up in Midland. Jack Daw - I live in Tomball. Clan Dunbar had their AGM and were one of the honored Clans for the games. We marched 1st in the parade of Clans and Sir James Dunbar, 14th Bt. of Mochrum and Lady Dunbar rode in a coach at the beginning of the Tatoo. Sir James has been to games all over the country and in Scotland and remarked that it was one of the most impressive he has attended. The jousting was insane. I took over 1000 photos of the jousting. Another group I really enjoyed there are the RenScots. https://youtu.be/32w4opsmWcE?list=LL...qbuermqrFQfjrg The fighting group of them, The Wolves of Dunvegan, fight with swords and shields and it is incredible. They model Scots from 1600's and early 1700's. Look for other Youtube videos of them fighting. I have pictures of all the Clans marching in the parade and the Tatoo etc. I'll look at posting some when I decide how I want to host them on the web.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully attending this year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been there every year for the last 20(?) or there abouts. The last 7 have been hosting our clan tent.
    Greg Livingston
    Commissioner
    Clan MacLea (Livingstone)