X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

USA Kilts through Amazon.com?

Hello X-ers,

I found I can redeem some of my Chase travel 'points' for Amazon.com credit, which led me to peruse the kilts available... finally a good use for all that damn credit card paperwork! USA Kilts seem to be at the higher end of the offerings of pre-made kilts, so I was wondering if any of the forum members have purchased these and can provide feedback? I live about 700+ miles away from any kilt shop that makes their own products, so it's online for me, for now.

While I'd love to peruse the custom hand-made kilts my teenage daughters are trying with all their might to ensure I'm paupered, leading me to find creative financing for my own interests, while not sacrificing too much on quality

Thanks to all!
    McVeigh Sept of Clan MacLean

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I know that this is the USA Kilts forum section but I feel that just this one time I can offer some insight to the poster that Rocky my be too modest to mention.

I know Rocky personally and respect him over almost any other kiltmaker I know. I can assure you that when you are comparing a USA Kilt to the others you are seeing on-line, you are seeing the difference between apples and oranges. Most of the other on-line sources are not kilts made by the person selling them. Many of those you see on EBay and Amazon are made in Pakistan from acrylic and lesser quality wool.

Rocky and his team make every single kilt they sell. Right there in their own shop. He offers off-the-rack for those who can not or are unable to wait for his team to make a custom built kilt.

But, every kilt is made with the same care, the same attention to detail, and the same quality materials as he puts into his fully custom kilts.

Apples and oranges? Yep, big time. You cannot find a better off-the-rack kilt for a better price than a USA Kilt. And I am including my own because I don't sell on EBay or Amazon.
    Last edited by The Wizard of BC; 12th September 16 at 03:54 PM.
    Steve Ashton
    www.freedomkilts.com
    Skype (webcam enabled) thewizardofbc
    I wear the kilt because:
    Swish + Swagger = Swoon.

3. The Following 11 Users say 'Aye' to The Wizard of BC For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve, I am amazed that you and Rocky and Barb and others stand up for each other. I have items from each of you and have done been disappointed by the quality and craftsmanship. There is a place for items of varying quality, but then again buyer beware. Know what you are buying and be satisfied, direct dealings with the partners and vendors here has personable and never been disappointing!

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the kind words, Steve. You are always welcome to post in our section to review or talk about our products (as is anyone else).

As I have an obvious stake in the discussion, I will allow others to speak to our quality and service and only say that if you have an questions that I can answer for you, you can happily email or PM me. 😊

6. The Following 5 Users say 'Aye' to RockyR For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fw_kilt View Post
    Steve, I am amazed that you and Rocky and Barb and others stand up for each other. I have items from each of you and have done been disappointed by the quality and craftsmanship. There is a place for items of varying quality, but then again buyer beware. Know what you are buying and be satisfied, direct dealings with the partners and vendors here has personable and never been disappointing!
    Does this need editing?

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to cck For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have more than one kilt from USA kilts, the quality is top rate and the attention to detail is fanatical, I never hesitate to drop my very hard earned cash on a kilt from Rocky and his crew...

I hate to say call them and ask a few questions as they are no doubt busy busy, but the proof is in the pudding as they say, explain what you are planning on buying and ask away and see how you feel about making a purchase from them after that.
    "Everything is within walking distance if you've got the time"

10. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to GrainReaper For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES - NONE should have been NOT!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been a very satisfied customer of USA kilts for nearly ten years now. I have an armoire full of 5 yarders, semi-traditional, and casuals. I have not yet had the pleasure of visiting Rocky's store. Over the years as my weight has fluctuated the various kilts I have received have been spot-on with the measurements that I have given to Rocky.

When you consider that you were getting American craftsmanship with Scottish made tartans; wool and poly viscose you are getting a tremendous deal.

13. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to Mael Coluim For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fw_kilt View Post
    YES - NONE should have been NOT!!!
    That's what I thought you meant!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A USA Kilt is a USA Kilt, no matter where you buy it. Rocky's reputation is well deserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan H View Post
    Some days you're the bat, some days you're the watermelon.

16. The Following 5 Users say 'Aye' to Mikilt For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast