X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Indianapolis Scottish Highland Games and Festival - 8 October 2016 9AM - 9PM

I will be attending these games in Indianapolis ,Indianapolis Scottish Highland Games and Festival http://indyscotgamesandfest.com/ and convening for my clan , Clan Fergusson Society of North America . This will be the first time we have been to these games as they are relatively new being only 6 or so years old . I'm told they are expecting around 2500 people for the games . This one is interestingly laid out around a large track , and most all the athletics , pipers , bands are occurring in it with a separate area for the reenactors - living history , etc . The clans and others are situated around the outside of this area so attendee's can see whats happening without having to leave their tent unattended . I will be wearing our dandelion plant badge and looking for fellow members in case anyone will be attending . I will have something special for those who want to stop in for a wee dram
    Last edited by Pegasys; 14th September 16 at 02:52 PM.
    Marc E Ferguson - IT Manager
    Clan Fergusson Society of North America
    ------------------------------------------------
    Nosce te ipsum - Dulcius ex asperis - insert wittty tri-fecta latin-ism here

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Pegasys For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marc, I have been to the games for about the last 4 years I think. I like the layout and it seems that attendance and vendors alike continue to grow. Parking can be tricky, but I guess that is a sign of growth too. Hope to see you there!

Mike
    Mike Allen
    Order of the White Garter
    Order of the Dandelion
    Tewks tank owner

4. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Mudge For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely , stop over at the clan Fergusson tent and there will be a wee dram waiting for you !

Quote Originally Posted by Mudge View Post
    Marc, I have been to the games for about the last 4 years I think. I like the layout and it seems that attendance and vendors alike continue to grow. Parking can be tricky, but I guess that is a sign of growth too. Hope to see you there!

Mike
    Last edited by Pegasys; 14th September 16 at 02:53 PM.
    Marc E Ferguson - IT Manager
    Clan Fergusson Society of North America
    ------------------------------------------------
    Nosce te ipsum - Dulcius ex asperis - insert wittty tri-fecta latin-ism here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be there probably from around noon till 5 pm . Will definitely stop by and say hello . I think there will be another Xmarker going as well . Perhaps we can take a group pic at your Clan Tent . See you there .

Cheers , Mike
    Mike Montgomery
    Clan Montgomery Society , International