X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SW Washington & Portland area Tartan night

I know some of you folks were having a Tuesday night gathering at Horse Brass but it doesn't look like there's been one for a while and I have a standing engagement on Tuesday and can't come. I thought maybe I'd throw out an invitation for the other side of the river. I'm calling it:

Tartan Thirsty First Thursday

I'll be at Northwood Public House & Brewery in Battle Ground at 7:30 on November 3rd. The address is 1401 SE Rasmussen Blvd, Battle Ground WA 98604. Although it's not a Scottish themed place they've been known to do Haggis Dinners and Scotch tastings. It's a great place with good food and lots of beer choices. Come check it out. Depending on where you live in Vancouver it might even be closed than the Horse Brass.
    Last edited by bikercelt1; 25th October 16 at 09:18 PM. Reason: misspelling
    Quondo Omni Flunkus Moritati

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll mark it on my calendar and hope I remember to look at it.
    Studies have shown that women who gain a few pounds live longer than men who mention it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biker, I have come down with a rather severe cold and will not be making the meet. This is quite disappointing to me and I hope that we can plan another meet once I rejoin that class of humans who possess above average prospects for survival beyond only the next few days.
    Studies have shown that women who gain a few pounds live longer than men who mention it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there's a saying that if you want to hear God laugh tell him your plans. That apparently applies to Bosses too. I have to work a little late. I might be a tardy but I'll be there. My wife, daughter, and daughter's fiance' will be there though. They'll have my grandson with them so they'll be on the restaurant side instead of the bar side.

Rick, not to worry, I plan on doing a "Thirsty First Thursday" on December 1st.

Jamie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I just wanted to point out that next Thursday will be December 1st and "Thirsty First Thursday" so I'll be at Northwood Pub in Battle Ground at 7:30 p.m. for a snack, a beer and a dram if anyone would like to join me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jamie, I am still (surprisingly) in the land of the living so am making plans to be there this time. Not being a drinker I will restrict myself to the snacks but, as will be evident when you see me, snacks and I get along just fine!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nollaig Shona agus Athbhiain faoi Mhaise Daoibh! I hope everyone has a great Christmas and New Year. I just wanted to remind Vancouver/Portland area rabble that January 5th will be another Tartan Thirst First Thursday. I'll be at Northwood Pub in Battle Ground at 7:30. Come join me if you can.

Jamie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jotted onto calendar!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next Thursday is February 2nd and time for another installment of Tartan Thirsty First Thursday at Northwood Pub in Battle Ground. I'll be there at 7:30. Come join me if you can.

Jamie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thirsty First Thursday is coming up again. Northwood Pub in Battle Ground at 7:30 on March 2nd. Come on out for good food, a good pint, and some good craic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast