X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Jacket Fix ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jacket Fix ?

I hope that this is the appropriate forum for this question.

On me, off the rack jackets have a tendency to bulge at the back just below the collar. The picture gives the general idea.

Incorrect-Fit-of-Suit-Jacket-Collar.jpg

My tweed kilt jacket was made to measure but not fitted and suffers from the same problem. Can it be fixed?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Life tends to beat most people up, leading to the accretion of tension patterns in the the body that shape our posture,
    health, and sometimes our attitudes. The most common, probably, is the downward pull along and behind the sternum,
    which rounds the shoulders and pulls the C7/T1 intersection down and forward. This results in a gap between the jacket
    collar and the neck. Adding a little to the the rear center line measurement allows the collar to lie against the neck. A
    person who stands more erect will not need that extra cloth, and it will bulge as shown. Simple fix is to lift the collar,
    separate the seam, remove or tuck under the desired amount of cloth and resew. Note that in many cases simple does
    not necessarily equate to easy; a more experienced sewing hand may be helpful.

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to tripleblessed For This Useful Post: