X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

St. Andrew's Sunday/St. Andrews Day

Is anyone doing anything special to mark the day?

On Sunday, November 27 I will be doing a special worship service at the retirement community where I work. The service is adapted from the Order of Worship from the Iona Community in Scotland. I have several appropriate tunes for the fiddle that I will be playing for the service. Many of our residents will be wearing their tartans (sashes and ties) but I will be kilted.

On Wednesday, I will be kilted again and doing a short concert of Scottish fiddle music of Strathspeys, reels and slow airs.

If the weather cooperates, a friend and I will be kilted and playing some Scottish fiddle music on the street in Old City Philadelphia.

2. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Tom Fiddles For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fiddles View Post
    Is anyone doing anything special to mark the day?

On Sunday, November 27 I will be doing a special worship service at the retirement community where I work. The service is adapted from the Order of Worship from the Iona Community in Scotland. I have several appropriate tunes for the fiddle that I will be playing for the service. Many of our residents will be wearing their tartans (sashes and ties) but I will be kilted.

On Wednesday, I will be kilted again and doing a short concert of Scottish fiddle music of Strathspeys, reels and slow airs.

If the weather cooperates, a friend and I will be kilted and playing some Scottish fiddle music on the street in Old City Philadelphia.

Just brunch with friends.... It will be a nice day to put on your best highland wear, relax, enjoy friendship, and being of a Scottish background.