X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    georgeetta is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ny scots 1777

many highlanders settled by sr wm johnson from glengarry and became ..tory soldiers : ny loyal yorkers johnsons greens, also ..butlers rangers .

islanders held title to argyll washingonfton county settled in nj and slpowly went north ..jane macrae was a tory but scalped and her brothers were american soldiers .. between ballston spa and ..ft miller .

many scots form french indian war settled or held title in champlian valley north of white hall ..philip skene was an officer adn went tory in am rev war durign saratoga as did sweetheart david jones of jane macrae ..he was later lost in history after she was killed . i saw mackenzie name settled port henry ny adn campbell name setteld crown point village area , some were drove out by ..green mtn boys of ethan allen who were "squatting" on those lands ..hampshire grants all the way to bennington vt where they held meetings .

many ulster scots went to western ny cherry valley and were in "cherry valley massacre" .

the livingston family were prominent up to the am rev and held a "fiefdom" or patroonship [like the neighbors - van rensselears] in columbia county ny then lost their money adn went to sw catskills ..they wrote in declaration of independence i think . I saw child paintings in red tartan of their family is famous .

th

many black watch served in albany and schenectady winter garrisons till sent up to fort edward . it is said they cut plaid to kilts for work and swapped swords to hatchets .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Luke MacGillie;1330771]"People want to belong to a tribe, its just something hardwired in our brain.

It's what drives people, myself included, to fixate, over emphasize, pick any synonym you wish on our connection to a tribe. "

So very true.

3. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to MacQueennie For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345