X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Stabilizer in the Wool Blackwatch?

Jerry,

Does the Economy wool Blackwatch (The one pleated to the stripe) have stabilizer? My wool Black Stewart did not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan H View Post
    Some days you're the bat, some days you're the watermelon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless things have changed, I can confirm that there is neither stabilizer nor interfacing in the Economy Wool kilts. How do I know? I'm wearing one at this very moment.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathew MacKillop View Post
    Unless things have changed, I can confirm that there is neither stabilizer nor interfacing in the Economy Wool kilts. How do I know? I'm wearing one at this very moment.
    I suspect this is probably the case with the Blackwatch as well. Since they are pleated to the stripe, I chanced that they might have that wee structural difference as well.

It'd be nice to get an answer right from Jerry. I don't know if he even logs in anymore. I haven't seen him make or respond to a post in here, his business' forum. I am not encouraged by this. Have I been spoiled by doing business with other vendors who are responsive and engaged?

Jerry, are you out there?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deleted........
    Last edited by Hardboiled; 27th November 16 at 06:59 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardboiled View Post
    Mike, FYI I ordered the wool heavy weight blackwatch they have for my dad about 2 months ago. I messed up on the shipping address and called their customer service number and it went to jerrys phone. He was easy to deal with, Just give them a call on Monday and I'm sure they call help you out with any questions.
    One of the great things about Xmarks vendors is that they are notified when someone makes a post in their subforum. In effect it's line of communication to the vendor. It's a space for public Q/A. It's great when other Xmarkers respond, but Jerry is an XMTS member too and this his forum. If he chooses not to engage, I suppose it's his call.

Calling to resolve a shipping issue is one thing. It doesn't need to be a public discussion. Speaking about a product's construction and specifications is another.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I was just trying to help.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardboiled View Post
    Sorry, I was just trying to help.
    It's cool dude, I get and and I appreciate it. I am just bewildered by Jerry's absence here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikilt View Post
    ...I am just bewildered by Jerry's absence here.
    Hi, Jerry from SWK here. We are not on XMTS much. We always encourage customers to contact us directly via phone or email so we can provide the best possible customer service; we maintain a high level of engagement with our customers via phone and email, as many folks here can attest to. Our company cell phone is always with me, call anytime, 612-859-5764. If I'm awake and available, I'll pick up, even if it's 1AM. We check emails compulsively.

This subforum (created by XMTS because we run an ad on here) is not an "official" SWK contact point that we are in charge of (as opposed to say, our SWK facebook page) and we generally have a "hands-off" policy regarding third-party forum participation as we don't want to come across as trolling forums to get customers, or as constantly talking about ourselves.

Also, I don't check XMTS often because I get sucked in, and before I know it I have spent way too much time when I should be working. Other vendors make a lot of use of the XMTS forums for customer engagement and that's awesome, we happen to work better with a more direct engagement, I hope that makes sense.

I will try to be better in 2017 about stopping in here, but always contact us directly for the fastest possible reply.

In regards to your original question; no those kilts do not have stabilizer, it's one of many compromises that end up happening when trying to hit a particular price point. Feel free to call/email if you wish to discuss further.
    "Confidence is the feeling you sometimes have before you fully understand the situation."

9. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Sciuropterus For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jerry,
    Thank you so much for responding. Because you were more active 6(?) years ago when I joined XMTS, it appeared to me that you had just fallen away. Now I understand.

Bummer about the stabilizer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)