X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not just for flashes

As I mentioned in another thread, I made buckle tabs using Barb T's flash-making technique: http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/f...flashes-32660/ So I figured I'd share some pics of how I did it:

buckletabs1.jpg

buckletabs2.jpg

Note that I left a gap in the fusible web and the iron-on hem tape, so that the prong of the buckle could easily poke through. I then trimmed them so they'd meet in the middle underneath when folded, to insure they'd be sturdy.

I also used it to make belt loops...and yes, I know they're wide, but they're for a contemporary-style kilt so I wasn't trying to be traditional:

beltloops1.jpg

beltloops2.jpg

Sorry, I don't yet have any pics of them attached to the kilts (Murray of Tullibardine and Murray of Atholl, respectively). Not only is my apartment a mess, but the lighting is terrible, though hopefully the weather will cooperate this weekend for a few timed outdoor selfies.

2. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Dollander For This Useful Post: