X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kilted visitor at the Alexandria Christmas walk

I kilted visitor at the Alexandria Christmas walk

Image may not have attached ?
    Last edited by quincy2; 16th December 16 at 02:02 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to quincy2 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My synopsis of Rogue One if anyone is interested, I have tried to keep it spoiler free.

I was very excited to see it last night. The CGI was impressive, most impressive, but in a different way than in the prequels, this time it had a soul. In fact the entire film had a soul. Even though The Force Awakens was great to see last year, in the final analysis it really was a retelling of A New Hope, this was fresh with real characters who had believable back stories and motivation. I am one with the force and the force is with me!

4. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to McMurdo For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McMurdo View Post
    My synopsis of Rogue One if anyone is interested, I have tried to keep it spoiler free.

I was very excited to see it last night. The CGI was impressive, most impressive, but in a different way than in the prequels, this time it had a soul. In fact the entire film had a soul. Even though The Force Awakens was great to see last year, in the final analysis it really was a retelling of A New Hope, this was fresh with real characters who had believable back stories and motivation. I am one with the force and the force is with me!
    This is almost exactly how I found the film as well, with the exception of the CGI, most of it I was good with, however they are not at the point yet to recreate human likeness with absolute authenticity. I may go see it again in the next day or two, just to see if I can pick up on little snippets I may have missed the first time through.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T90 View Post
    This is almost exactly how I found the film as well, with the exception of the CGI, most of it I was good with, however they are not at the point yet to recreate human likeness with absolute authenticity. I may go see it again in the next day or two, just to see if I can pick up on little snippets I may have missed the first time through.
    I have to agree with you re authenticity, having said that it was impressive.

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to McMurdo For This Useful Post:

T90

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of buddies and I went to see it this evening. It's definitely worth going to again. We all thought that the story line led very well into the first movie, and the character development was good as well.
    His Exalted Highness Duke Standard the Pertinacious of Chalmondley by St Peasoup
    Member Order of the Dandelion
    Per Electum - Non consanguinitam

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Standard For This Useful Post:

T90

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My favorite line in the movie: "really? I'm blind!"

I'm planning to go again next week, as others have said... to pick up on things I missed
    "Everything is within walking distance if you've got the time"

11. The Following User Says 'Aye' to GrainReaper For This Useful Post:

T90

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to try an see it again as well, and I am already working on my next 501st approved costume based on the Death Troopers in this movie.

Stoff is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We (my two sons, two friends, and myself, are going to see it this afternoon (matinee you know) to celebrate the youngest's birthday (22). We expect that we will all enjoy it, after all we are long time fans.

I watched the first movie while stationed at Pearl Harbor at the Waikiki Cinerama. It played, I believe, for 52 weeks. I just remember going to see it almost every Saturday for a year. Wow, I do not believe that they hold movies over that long anymore.

14. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Stoff For This Useful Post:

T90

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12