X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will need a head count, so please post if you're coming and how many people in your party.

for clarity, the $20 covers your dinner and a shot for toasts. Be sure to add about 20% for a tip.

Don't want to run out of haggis.
    Jim Killman
    Writer, Philosopher, Teacher of English and Math, Soldier of Fortune, Bon Vivant, Heart Transplant Recipient, Knight of St. Andrew (among other knighthoods)
    Freedom is not free, but the US Marine Corps will pay most of your share.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will and I will be there, and are very excited! So 2 in our party. I'm working on having a few poems bookmarked to choose from if you still need someone to do a reading.

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to AlabamaCelticLass For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be coming, along with my wife. Put us down for 2, for now (I'm trying to convince my teenagers to come, but it's like herding cats).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plan to attend

After far too many years of watching from afar when deployed I plan to attend this year. Alot of years since my last Burn's Night in the UK so many to meet and much to relearn about the customs. Bring on the Haggis.

Capt Bruce

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to ohneplo For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 in my party
    LOCH SLOY!
    Cheers, Wil

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mary Helen and I will both plan on being there; no haggis as usual. Lamar will attend, I believe he does have the haggis.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MH has reminded me that our friend Cliff, a bluegrass jammer, has asked to join us. I had told him of our piper situation last year,
    and asked if he might be available if we needed him. He is a piper with the Atholl Highlanders out of Stone Mountain, and a volunteer
    for the Stone Mountain Highland Games.

Oh, he doesn't play bluegrass pipes ; he is also a harmonica player.

10. The Following User Says 'Aye' to tripleblessed For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There seems to be a problem with the X Marks server; it isn't showing all the offers to participate in the program that folk are pounding
    on the keyboard to get entered. C'mon people, you know you don't want this to be me doing whatever Jim doesn't want. Jump in. The
    object is participation, not perfection, or I wouldn't be allowed in the door. I'm willing again to do the Address, if no one else wants the
    slot; I'll be doing "Banks and Braes" if my hand is healed enough to allow, and it should be (hey, I can hear those groans ; be nice).

Jim, do you have your usual non-X Marks folk coming? Any of them up for a piece? @Deil the Yin, Wesley, you coming? We only get to
    see you once a year. @Catharps, I know we took the extra week, but you can see we needed it; did we lose you?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleblessed View Post
    There seems to be a problem with the X Marks server; it isn't showing all the offers to participate in the program that folk are pounding
    on the keyboard to get entered. C'mon people, you know you don't want this to be me doing whatever Jim doesn't want. Jump in. The
    object is participation, not perfection, or I wouldn't be allowed in the door. I'm willing again to do the Address, if no one else wants the
    slot; I'll be doing "Banks and Braes" if my hand is healed enough to allow, and it should be (hey, I can hear those groans ; be nice).

Jim, do you have your usual non-X Marks folk coming? Any of them up for a piece? @Deil the Yin, Wesley, you coming? We only get to
    see you once a year. @Catharps, I know we took the extra week, but you can see we needed it; did we lose you?
    Well, we are a wee bit over a week away. Speaking for nobody but myself, I don't feel so arrogant as to take on a centuries old tradition without ever having seen a single example. If it's short, and sweet, mayhap I can practice for the next eight days, but as a neophyte, I don't even know what to offer.

What would be the Atlanta traditions, and what are we in need of volunteers for?

Also, I think I have convinced my eldest to join us, and if we 3 are coming, so is my youngest. Put me down for 4, but only 2 of us will have haggis.

13. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Wareyin For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleblessed View Post

Good News and Bad News! Good first! I was given a new boat after mine dear old one was stacked. But I'm afraid I will be at sea till early February (thats the bad news). I had so much fun with the Lassie's Response last year- even if it was my first time at a proper Burns Supper and wrote it on short notice. Don't be afraid to jump in with both feet! Think maybe Burns would appreciate that

Brett took a video of my Lassie's Response, If I were more tech savvy, I could post the video. :/
    I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harms way. - John Paul Jones

15. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Catharps For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast