X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta Six View Post
    I live in Dundalk now so Frederick is something of a drive.

Still, I think it would be fun and I would try to join in when scheduling permitted.

Another consideration might be to find a place that might be equally convenient for most--or equally inconvenient.

If a British themed pub is important, perhaps the Union Jack's in Columbia might be well situated for many.

If such a theme can be over looked maybe any good restaurant in any handy location could be chosen, say New Market or Mt. Airy.

Looking forward it in any case,
    Six

Thanks for the tip Six. I'll look into Union Jack's and will also poke my nose around Mt. Airy and New Market (although New Market is almost all the way to Frederick).

Thanks again,
    Regards,
    Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (although New Market is almost all the way to Frederick)

True that.
    “Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt”—Mark Twain

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in. We did one at O'Lourdans in Westminster several years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm familiar with O'Lourdan's but Westminster may be a bit out of the way for some. On that same notem, I am now looking at both Columbia and Mt Airy which are both fairly central to Maryland if we want to include those from further east (?).

I researched Union Jack's in Columbia, and also the Mt Airy Tavern and the Brick Ridge (slightly north of Mt Airy). The only one of these that I have any personal experience with is Brick Ridge, but there are decent photos of the others in Google Maps.

So here is a question for you guys:
    1. Do we want to locate the place to attract a group from a larger area, or keep it more local? (Columbia is farther for some of us to drive, but opens the 'market' for a larger are of Maryland. The same is true for Mt Airy, but to a lesser degree.) Another thought is that the farther any of us have to drive, the more of a limit on the night and time we would have to consider.

A personal question from me: I've never been to one of the Kilt Nights, but am curious if you guys bring your wives or significant others along? I know that my wife will want to come along, but if I tell her that she will stand out because she is the only S.O. she may change her mind.
    Regards,
    Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all for it. Either Annapolis or Columbia would be perfect since I'm just in between each of them. However, I'll be overseas on business most of February so I might miss this first go around.

Don

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12