X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilt Night for Frederick, MD - Looking for Locations

The last Kilt Night thread I find in this forum/state is two years old. I think it is high time that we arrange another here in Frederick, MD. I've never done one before, so I'm open to suggestion (and mentoring, if such is necessary). I am supposed to get my new kilt this coming weekend and I'd love to take it out for a spin!
    Last edited by slothead; 17th January 17 at 08:10 AM.
    Regards,
    Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want to the same in Annapolis

I'm replying to this so I can learn from it. I want to do the same thing here in Annapolis. Let's learn together!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duke,
    I know that there are other Xmark-ers in Annapolis so you at least have a target audience. I can't say the same for Frederick (yet). If nothing works for each of our immediate neighborhoods, we could expand the invitation to a broader market extending to halfway between us.

And on a somewhat unrelated (but still the same major) topic, I am having second thoughts about Magoo's as a meeting place option (unless someone really likes it for that).
    Regards,
    Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with you Duke

Duke,

I'm up for an XMTS gathering in Annapolis. Let me know if you want some help with it. Tilted Kilt is one obvious location, although Union Jacks or Fado's might also work. Do you know who any of the members of the rabble in Annapolis are that slothead mentioned?

BTW slothead, I think there is a Tilted Kilt in Frederick if that kind of setting works for you.

Larry
    The hielan' man he wears the kilt, even when it's snowin';
    He kens na where the wind comes frae, But he kens fine where its goin'.

Montgomery Village, Maryland, near Washington, District of Columbia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slothead View Post
    Duke,
    I know that there are other Xmark-ers in Annapolis so you at least have a target audience. I can't say the same for Frederick (yet). If nothing works for each of our immediate neighborhoods, we could expand the invitation to a broader market extending to halfway between us.

And on a somewhat unrelated (but still the same major) topic, I am having second thoughts about Magoo's as a meeting place option (unless someone really likes it for that).
    I'm not in Frederick, but just down the road in Gaithersburg. Not a big fan of Magoo's, but whatever the Mid Maryland rabble decides.
    Geoff Withnell

"My comrades, they did never yield, for courage knows no bounds."
    No longer subject to reveille US Marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Withnell View Post
    I'm not in Frederick, but just down the road in Gaithersburg. Not a big fan of Magoo's, but whatever the Mid Maryland rabble decides.
    Geoff, You may have noticed my retraction (or at least question) regarding Magoo's, and I am sure that there are other locations that would suit. I'm just not sure what the criteria should be. I mentioned Magoo's because it was mentioned a couple years ago and I thought it might have been a favorite for kilt night. If you have any ideas for locations (in any city) I would be open to it.

You mentioned the Mid-Maryland Rabble - can you enlighten me on who else fits that description besides you and I?
    Regards,
    Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    slothead,

This link will show you all the members who listed "maryland" as their location...

http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/m...before=&order=

Larry
    The hielan' man he wears the kilt, even when it's snowin';
    He kens na where the wind comes frae, But he kens fine where its goin'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lschwartz View Post
    slothead,

This link will show you all the members who listed "maryland" as their location...

http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/m...before=&order=

Larry
    Thanks Larry,
    I also did a search for Frederick, and was surprised at the numbers that I found (although Fredericksburg and some inactive folks were included too).
    Regards,
    Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I edited the title of the first post to remove any commitment to Magoo's and request inputs for other sites in Frederick, MD (any input will be appreciated).

With the new year upon us and as I see other Kilt Night'ers are looking for schedule inputs, I'd still like to do the same thing. If you are interested in getting together in Frederick please speak up (post or PM) and if you want to suggest other relatively nearby venues (outside of Frederick), that's good too, I'm certainly open to suggestion.
    Regards,
    Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Dundalk now so Frederick is something of a drive.

Still, I think it would be fun and I would try to join in when scheduling permitted.

Another consideration might be to find a place that might be equally convenient for most--or equally inconvenient.

If a British themed pub is important, perhaps the Union Jack's in Columbia might be well situated for many.

If such a theme can be over looked maybe any good restaurant in any handy location could be chosen, say New Market or Mt. Airy.

Looking forward it in any case,
    Six

“Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt”—Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast