X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stoff is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A proposal for Eastern NC

There is a Celtic musician jam session the second Tuesday of every month at the Trent River Coffee Company downtown New Bern. Would any of the rable in eastern NC be interested in going as a group to this great event. The wife and I have started going as an inexpensive date night.

Christoph (Newport, NC)

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Stoff For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I have not gotten any response from the rabble, but, then I don't know if anyone else is in my part of the state. The wife and I will be at the Trent River Coffee Company tonight from 7:00 to 9:00 for the Celtic Music Jam Session, and, I will be kilted. I hope to see some more kilts there besides mine.

Christoph

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sir, my wife and I live in New Bern, I work nights during the week. I cannot go on Tuesday nights, but I would love to get together for dinner on a kilted Saturday night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see someone other than just me here in eastern NC. One of the reasons we do the Celtic Music Jam Session is the cost. The big ones though are that we like the music and one of the musicians is a close friend. Being self-employed there are times that dinner is out of the question but, perhaps closer to spring/summer when business picks up dinner might be a possibility.

I look forward to meeting y'all and seeing others in kilt.

Christoph

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We would be delighted

My wife and I would be happy to meet any time, just drop us a line. There is a large Scottish group in New Bern. We meet often. If you are interested just let me know.
    Mike

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sergeantmike View Post
    My wife and I would be happy to meet any time, just drop us a line. There is a large Scottish group in New Bern. We meet often. If you are interested just let me know.
    Mike
    Sure, I would love to know more about the group.

Thanks,
    Christoph

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI to anyone interested. This month's Celtic Jam Session at the Trent River Coffee Company in New Bern is upon us. This will be this Tuesday from 7:00pm til 9:00pm. The wife and I will be there and hope to see/meet any of y'all that can make it. And, of course I will be in kilt.

Thanks,
    Christoph

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI to anyone interested. This April's Celtic Jam Session at the Trent River Coffee Company in New Bern is upon us. This will be Tuesday, April 11, from 7:00pm til 9:00pm. The wife and I will be there and hope to see/meet any of y'all that can make it. And, of course I plan to be in kilt.

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of our former Moderators BEEDEE lives just outside of New Bern just across the sound
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been trying to post this every month. So far, unfortunately, I have been the only one there in kilt. I hope to see more soon. This is a regular event, every month. The musicians vary from gifted amateur to seasoned professional.

So, y'all come.

Christoph

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast