X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Terry Searl is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well done

You represented yourself and your kilted attire with great aplomb...... Well Done! I say

Nomad is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really glad that it went so well for you and that you enjoyed the evening. I'm equally pleased that the fine backfired on the accuser and that you impressed the ladies present.

Nomad is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies for hogging your thread, something popped into my head just after posting my last reply.

It is very possible if you attend a few events that you are targeted in the same fashion again, I have a solution that could turn this into a mess game, see below.

I think that rotating between a number of beverages that you carry in your flask, thereby creating a kilted version of the tee shirt game from heartbreak ridge could be a lot of fun, you will have to let them win every once in a while to keep their hopes up though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am glad to see that "WAVs" were quick to stand in your defense. Nomad's "game of spirits" is a grand idea for your next outing. Mead is always a good choice, in that it is not distilled grain, therefore not whiskey.

So glad to hear the Army participated in the evening banter. There is just so much we can do from this side of the screen. Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As matters can and do on these occasions, get right down to minute details that can make all the difference on who pays the fine, then can I point out for future reference that you did not have whiskey(Irish) in your flask. You actually had Scotch whisky(no "e") in your flask. Just saying.
    Last edited by Jock Scot; 25th February 17 at 10:42 PM.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

6. The Following 6 Users say 'Aye' to Jock Scot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E or No E. That is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    As matters can and do on these occasions, get right down to minute details that can make all the difference on who pays the fine, then can I point out for future reference that you did not have whiskey(Irish) in your flask. You actually had Scotch whisky(no "e") in your flask. Just saying.
    Yes, I always forget who's got the "e" and who doesn't.
    I'm not a big fan of whiskey, Irish or American. But I do enjoy the peated Scotch Whiskies, and a smooth Bourbon once in a while.

My favorite thing to do with Bourbon is age my Oatmeal Stout in the barrels...

Terry Searl is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibrew4u View Post
    Yes, I always forget who's got the "e" and who doesn't.
    I'm not a big fan of whiskey, Irish or American. But I do enjoy the peated Scotch Whiskies, and a smooth Bourbon once in a while.

My favorite thing to do with Bourbon is age my Oatmeal Stout in the barrels...
    The way I was told how to remember how to spell the "Uisge Beatha" is to think that the Scots are known to be thrifty and they are that way even with letters.........they left the "e" out of whisky because it was redundant

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You look very well turned out, and it sounds like a great evening. The Mrs. Standard and I will be attending a Military Ball for the graduating class from the ROTC department at our University. I'll be kilted as I have been in the past, as will one or two other gentlemen.
    His Exalted Highness Duke Standard the Pertinacious of Chalmondley by St Peasoup
    Member Order of the Dandelion
    Per Electum - Non consanguinitam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were wrong, you were not carrying whiskey, you were carrying whisky.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12