X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keltoi Updates?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keltoi Updates?

Has anyone heard from John Hart of Keltoi?

I've come across a couple of threads where it seems he has gone missing (sick) for periods of time. Last it seems was around this time last year.

I was curious if anyone has been in touch with him, I am starting to get concerned. I am getting married in June and was hoping to have him make me another kilt; we've already started the process as I am waiting to see some swatches he has so I can pick a tartan (which the entire wedding theme will be based on, so is kind of putting a lot of whats left on hold - fiance starting to get a little upset).

Anyways, we were talking fairly frequently up until Feb 16th, then I didn't hear anything until Feb 24th and he mentioned he had some oral surgery that was taking longer to recover from than expected. I've sent a few emails since to ask some questions / check to see if he's okay, but haven't heard anything.

I'm concerned for his well-being, and the delay is adding a lot of extra stress on the wedding plans. I've had John make me a kilt in the past, and have met with him. He is a great guy, and does very good work, I would very much like to stick with him if possible.

TLDR; John Hart of Keltoi seems to be MIA, has anyone heard from him or has a way of getting in touch with him to ensure all is okay?

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to MJB For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in a similar situation I had an issue with a kilt he made for me a few years ago a Kingussie that I love. I contacted John and said to ship it to him and he would repair it,but I haven't heard anything since it's probably been a month now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have lost contact with John for many months. I note that he's no longer an advertiser here, and he doesn't respond to his telephone. His website has not be updated for a long time.

As others have said, he's one of the very best kiltmakers around, very knowledgeable, and a great guy and friend. I too worry for his wellbeing.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

5. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a bit worrying, I've been thinking about it a bit lately, as I hadn't heard any updates.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    Proud Member of Clan Macpherson!
    "Touch not the cat bot a glove"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything more on John/Keltoi?

I had a kilt ordered in cloth that is now a special order and am in the same boat as others.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope he's doing well but I'm glad I ended up going with a different kilt maker. Love the two he made for me and would have loved another.
    There had been a change in his que two months or so ago but not since.
    Last edited by derosa; 10th July 17 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all
    I just received an email from John that my kilt is ready. He suffered a personal tragedy within his immediate family. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. I thought his xmarks family would want to know also.
    Slainte David

10. The Following 5 Users say 'Aye' to David Dubh For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thnk you David for the update. My heart goes out to him.
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is indeed doing well. He had contacted me about a week and a half prior to the wedding. He was apparently having email issues as well, and the mill had not sent the tartan, so we had to rush it in and rush the kilt to be made.

He managed to finish and I picked it up from his house the day before the wedding. He however didn't have time to fringe the fly plaid however, so I will be seeing him again to drop it off for that top be done.

Apologies that I haven't had time to get on sooner to let everyone know he is doing okay. That is unfortunate to hear about his family. Hopefully he's been feeling okay, I will wait some time before I bother him with my fly plaid.

13. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to MJB For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi MJB
    Glad John was able to get the kilt finished in the nick of time. Hope your wedding was awesome. Congrats
    David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast