X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boots and hose

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got brown wingtip brogue boots with red laces for my birthday last week! They look smashing with a kilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Truitt View Post
    I don't have a picture yet, but I recently got a pair of tan wingtip dress boots and occasionally wear them with my kilts. With the hose pulled up, just like I would wear with wingtip dress shoes. I have been getting lots of compliments on them.

2. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Bamamedic For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally got a snapshot of my wingtip boots with kilt. The photo was taken at work on National Tartan Day.

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy." - Albert Einstein

4. The Following 7 Users say 'Aye' to Truitt For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamamedic View Post
    I got brown wingtip brogue boots with red laces for my birthday last week! They look smashing with a kilt.
    Me, I'd think pretty hard about red laces in those boots. It can send a very specific message, even though they're brogues and not docs. Having known people who take that message seriously regardless of the wearer's intent, I'd never wear them.
    Cheers!
    Bob

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ratspike View Post
    Me, I'd think pretty hard about red laces in those boots. It can send a very specific message, even though they're brogues and not docs. Having known people who take that message seriously regardless of the wearer's intent, I'd never wear them.
    Unfortunate, but true. I guess context and audience is key - Gordon Walker seems to have had no sass:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	30634

Well, that upload turned out tiny. Here's a link to the page:

https://pipingpress.com/wp-content/u...0/contest2.gif
    Last edited by Profane James; 8th April 17 at 04:40 PM.
    "We are all connected...to each other, biologically; to the earth, chemically; to the universe, atomically...and that makes me smile." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truitt View Post
    I finally got a snapshot of my wingtip boots with kilt. The photo was taken at work on National Tartan Day.

Brother, this look may have changed my thinking of boots with the kilt.
    French cuffs are a nice touch. Looking great, a shẹid!
    "We are all connected...to each other, biologically; to the earth, chemically; to the universe, atomically...and that makes me smile." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

8. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Profane James For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a nice black wing tip ankle high boot, hose up is my preference. Just think it looks better. I've let the hose sag when knocking about in the PV kilt. Basically come down to circumstances and audience

10. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Taskr For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truitt's office, with a stand up-desk, was just the venue for a kilt and boots. Good looking (as James stated) indeed.

Terry Searl is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my fathers and grand fathers day

Quote Originally Posted by Profane James View Post
    Brother, this look may have changed my thinking of boots with the kilt.
    French cuffs are a nice touch. Looking great, a shẹid!
    I think the boots look smashing.....in my fathers and grand fathers day low cut type boots especially with hooks near the top is what they wore.......I especially like the colour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any place to buy a nice set of lower height leather boots in wide width that someone can recommend?
    I've been looking for a set of boots, even found a brand I really liked but only had medium width in every style not just the three I liked. Seems from searching that boots are sized on, typically I wear a 13 4E in nike and new balance sneakers. Every size 13 boot has felt like clown's shoes, wide enough but way too long while 12 still had space length wise, but were hurting the sides of my feet just trying them on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by derosa View Post
    Any place to buy a nice set of lower height leather boots in wide width that someone can recommend?
    I've been looking for a set of boots, even found a brand I really liked but only had medium width in every style not just the three I liked. Seems from searching that boots are sized on, typically I wear a 13 4E in nike and new balance sneakers. Every size 13 boot has felt like clown's shoes, wide enough but way too long while 12 still had space length wise, but were hurting the sides of my feet just trying them on.
    You might try https://www.allenedmonds.com/ They aren't cheap, but they are my new favorite shoemaker. They carry a decent range of boots in sizes up to 14 EEE.

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy." - Albert Einstein

15. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Truitt For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123