23rd March 17, 11:17 AM
Announcement of an edit to a Rule.
In the past few weeks some posts have been made to the forum which brought up a topic that the staff had not even considered a possible issue in today's world. This issue is the one of racism.
Racism is defined as-
- A belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
- a : A doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
- b : A political or social system founded on racism
- c : Racial prejudice or discrimination
It is the policy of this forum that it does not matter what color, creed, or ethnic origin a kilt wearer is. On this forum, if you choose to wear a kilt, there is no race but the human race.
To reflect this, Rule #4 has been edited to plainly state that racism has no role on a kilt forum. Any further posts reflecting racism will be dealt with under Rule #4.
Rule #4 (edited 23 Mar 2017)
- A person has a right to a reasonable expectation to privacy and respect. Posts or photos which invade someone's privacy are subject to removal. Posts or photos which defame, mock, ridicule, or which voice or promote racism, prejudice or bigotry of any kind are subject to removal.
(bold added to show edit)
Topics such as slavery, and race relations, etc. have nothing to to do with the chosen topic of this kilt forum and will be deleted In Accordance With Rule #12.
The Following 18 Users say 'Aye' to Steve Ashton For This Useful Post:
48HofC,David Dubh,dcommini,Father Bill,Glen,GMan,gordontaos,Kiltboy,Kiltedjohn,kiltedtom,Liam,McGinley,Mikilt,QuarterCeltic,seanachie,StevenG,styphonthal,Terry Searl