X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blaming Buzzfeed for being shallow and snarky is like blaming a cat for being furry. But they do occasionally run a truly funny and well-thought piece, and some of their quizzes are hilarious.
    "Simplify, and add lightness" -- Colin Chapman

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronCat View Post
    Blaming Buzzfeed for being shallow and snarky is like blaming a cat for being furry. But they do occasionally run a truly funny and well-thought piece, and some of their quizzes are hilarious.
    To add insult to injury, Buzzfeed even ran articles on the Toronto Sphynx (a hairless breed of cat) and their antics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She is clearly trying to say she thinks all kinds of men look good in kilts, that they can get away with wearing kilts, can have fun in kilts, can be formal or casual in kilts, and that kilts are a good thing, albeit in her own Buzzfeedy way.

I think it is churlish to take any criticism or offence from that light-hearted "listicle" that supports kilts.

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Michael A For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by derosa View Post
    Did an ok job of being tongue in cheek and not true sarcasm, don't really see anything to get offended and hurt over though I'm not easily offended. My only question is where did the outfit in pic #13 come from, really like the look and could see saving for an outfit like that one.
    Attachment 30684
    That is Tristan Cameron-Harper modelling Siobhan Mackenzie kilts. She is easily googled (I won't link here as I am not sure if it breaches forum rules).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was all I needed, thanks. Doesn't look like their prices are so far out of line that it wouldn't be possible in a year or so to get one.

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to derosa For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by derosa View Post
    Did an ok job of being tongue in cheek and not true sarcasm, don't really see anything to get offended and hurt over though I'm not easily offended. My only question is where did the outfit in pic #13 come from, really like the look and could see saving for an outfit like that one.
    Well, as Jock says "Each to their own" and I'll defend to the last others right to their opinions. Wouldn't be my choice, I'm more of a traditionalist, proper hose, polished shoes, etc. though I forego a jacket or waistcoat usually (it's warm down here). I never really liked sarcasm or satire either. Perhaps it comes with the passage of time, like Jock, I've seen more than my "three score and ten" summers!
    Regards, Sav.

"The Sun Never Sets on X-Marks!"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234