X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macmanjim View Post
    Stumptown is going to introduce a version with a 25" drop early next year. At that point, I plan on buying one. I like the way they look and they are adjustable.
    Please elaborate on the 25" drop. Where did you get the info?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KMCMICHAEL View Post
    Please elaborate on the 25" drop. Where did you get the info?
    Hi James,

Sorry for the delayed response. We have been on the road vending festivals.

We will be patterning for a 25" length hopefully before Spring. Our Pattern Maker has taken a break and is currently travelling abroad for a number of months. We will announce them on our Facebook site and through our other social media - Twitter, etc.

Thank you for writing and happy weekend,

!CheeRs!

John McClain
    CEO StumpTown Kilts
    STK HQ Portland Oregon
    www.stumptownkilts.com
    5 0 3 8 3 9 7 6 0 4

-------- Original Message --------
    Subject: A question
    Date: Fri, September 22, 2017 4:02 pm
    To: sales@stumptownkilts.com

Hi:
    I heard about your site from a You Tube channel, Adventure Kilt. I was wondering if you’ll ever have kilts longer than 23”? I’m 6’5 and wear my kilts at my navel, so 24” would be minimum and 25-26” would be better as sitting down, the back doesn’t have coverage if it’s not long enough. I found that out with a UTkilt standard utility kilt. Thanks.
    Jim
    American by birth, human by coincidence and earthling by mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunriseEarth View Post
    It looks like I'm a bit late to the party on this, but my interest in this kilt is definitely piqued. TDU Khaki in 36 is out of stock. What is the opinion here on the Burnt one?
    I just saw that 5.11 Tactical had a 25% deal for Black Friday, so I went ahead and ordered the Khaki one in size 40. Hopefully it works out okay. If not, it looks like they have a good return policy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunriseEarth View Post
    I just saw that 5.11 Tactical had a 25% deal for Black Friday, so I went ahead and ordered the Khaki one in size 40. Hopefully it works out okay. If not, it looks like they have a good return policy.
    So my kilt arrived on Saturday. To my surprise, size 40 is a bit loose on me. As my natural waist measurement is 43", it appears 5.11 is a bit generous in their sizing. I'm having it hemmed up by 3", as the 24" drop is too long for me. I don't really like shin-length kilts on me.

UPDATE: I got the kilt back from being hemmed and it looks great! I'll have to get some pics up soon.
    Last edited by SunriseEarth; 24th December 17 at 01:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently, the 5.11 kilt is not coming back. The website has a dwindling supply. I don't understand why. They get glowing reviews and seem to sell almost all of their stock. Too bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonP View Post
    Apparently, the 5.11 kilt is not coming back. The website has a dwindling supply. I don't understand why. They get glowing reviews and seem to sell almost all of their stock. Too bad.
    DonP,

They will be back next year. This is one run deal with them each year around April. It started as an April Fools joke but people loved it and wanted to order it. Soooo, each year they order a production run in a range of colors and sizes from whoever makes it for them. When they are gone they are gone, until the next year that is.

Larry
    The hielan' man he wears the kilt, even when it's snowin';
    He kens na where the wind comes frae, But he kens fine where its goin'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a couple of the Mountain Hardwear Elkommando kilts and love them. One of the members here told me that he has the Elkommando and a 511 and that he much prefers the Elkommando over any of his kilts. BUT in similar fashion, I couldn't find the Elkommando on the Mountain Hardwear website. The 3 I have, counting the one that is my wife's were all obtained from Amazon and I never really paid any attention to who the seller was. Possibly they are a limmited annual run for Mountain Hardwear just like the 511 kilt. Who knows? Maybe Lock Ness?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N,
    That's been my experience. Mountain Hardware produces a limited run for an excellent price, and when they're gone.. they're gone.
    I have two, and find them to be a little light though very comfortable as a yard work knock-about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not usually a fan of modern kilts, however if the 5.11 one came in the color I wear for uniform pants I would probably buy one just for fun. As my uniforms are 5.11 anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudist View Post
    I have a couple of the Mountain Hardwear Elkommando kilts and love them. One of the members here told me that he has the Elkommando and a 511 and that he much prefers the Elkommando over any of his kilts. BUT in similar fashion, I couldn't find the Elkommando on the Mountain Hardwear website. The 3 I have, counting the one that is my wife's were all obtained from Amazon and I never really paid any attention to who the seller was. Possibly they are a limmited annual run for Mountain Hardwear just like the 511 kilt. Who knows? Maybe Lock Ness?
    I certainly enjoy mine but prefer tartan kilts for public adventures. I'd suggest emailing Mountain Hardwear and ask.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast