X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpa View Post
    No offence intended, you wear what you like but that looks more like a flared pleated mini skirt than a kilt! Can't see why you would wear a kilt pin with it, I would have thought it would pull it out of shape.
    It is a UT kilt and probably a little short for me as I am larger. I wear a kilt pin with it because of strong winds when hiking.

I do not really know what your point is, but I am difficult to offend. Besides, I would look good for my age in a mini skirt! Maybe you should be mindful of who serves your cereal in the morning.
    Last edited by KMCMICHAEL; 9th April 17 at 02:35 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KMCMICHAEL View Post

............. Maybe you should be mindful of who serves your cereal in the morning.
    I am sorry, but I am not familiar with this comment. Your point is?
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    I am sorry, but I am not familiar with this comment. Your point is?
    Sorry, it is a vague reference to an idiomatic expression from the American South, "who peed in your Post Toasties?"

On second reading, I edited, but left the reference. Just doing my part to bridge the vast gap between our two versions of a similar language.

Why are you not out fishing?
    Last edited by KMCMICHAEL; 9th April 17 at 02:41 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambularasa View Post
    I have to give that a thought for sure. I have a folding bike so there is always the issue with tampering but that looks like it could work, thanks!
    Here's a lady who made her own.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NIpGrgPa7s
    My memory is of a roughly diamond-shaped piece of strong plastic sheeting with elastic loops at the ends which simply hooked over the ends of the rear axle - like this.
    https://www.loopframelove.com/wp-con...0/DSCF1860.JPG
    Alan
    Last edited by neloon; 9th April 17 at 03:21 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, it is a vague reference to an idiomatic expression from the American South, "who peed in your Post Toasties?"

On second reading, I edited, but left the reference. Just doing my part to bridge the vast gap between our two versions of a similar language.

Why are you not out fishing?
    No fishing for migratory fish on Sundays in Scotland. Its not a law I think, but just one of those conventions that we observe.

Post Toasties? What the devil are those?
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neloon View Post
    Here's a lady who made her own.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NIpGrgPa7s
    My memory is of a diamond-shaped piece of strong plastic sheeting with elastic loops at the ends which simply hooked over the ends of the rear axle.
    Alan
    Crikey! I remember those in the 1950's!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a UT kilt and probably a little short for me as I am larger. I wear a kilt pin with it because of strong winds when hiking.

I do not really know what your point is, but I am difficult to offend. Besides, I would look good for my age in a mini skirt! Maybe you should be mindful of who serves your cereal in the morning.
    I was just curious, I did not recognise it as a UT kilt from the pictures, but it makes perfect sense if you are going to cycle in a kilt, especially off-road. We don't get to see many UT kilts this side of the pond and none on cyclists that I have come across!
    If you are going to do it, do it in a kilt!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpa View Post
    I was just curious, I did not recognise it as a UT kilt from the pictures, but it makes perfect sense if you are going to cycle in a kilt, especially off-road. We don't get to see many UT kilts this side of the pond and none on cyclists that I have come across!
    I am not sure that I have ever seen a real UT kilt. I can recall, I think, that I may have only seen three that were "of that style", ever, in Scotland/UK.

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Jock Scot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    I am not sure that I have ever seen a real UT kilt. I can recall, I think, that I may have only seen three that were "of that style", ever, in Scotland/UK.
    I've only ever seen one, of that style, as you so elegantly put it, Jock, at Ashbourne. It looked a little different from the one picured in this thread.

Last edited by tpa; 9th April 17 at 04:11 AM.
    If you are going to do it, do it in a kilt!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TPA.

Its interesting that the "UT" kilts that I have seen, a greenish one on its own at the Commando Memorial and a brace of "flecktarn" cammo ones in Inverness. All were worn in the trolloppy style of the one in your picture. Is that the norm for this style I wonder?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast