X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

   X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website Celtic Croft website
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information Houston Kiltmakers Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    9th October 10
    Location
    Outskirts of Chicago IL
    Posts
    2,294
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Hoffman Estates Celtic Festival

    Calling all Chicago and suburban rabble!

    It's time for the 2017 Northwest Celtic Fest on Saturday, April 29. Per @GrainReaper, Mr. Mayor has asked us back this year.

    https://www.facebook.com/NWCelticFest/

    The event goes from 11-6. A Noon meeting time has been proposed. This actually does not work great for me because I'll have less than an hour with y'all. (We all know it doesn't take quite that long to walk around this event). I am booked the rest of the day.

    Can everybody make Noon? Pat, can we get on the mayor's docket for a 12:30 photo op?


    Here's our pic from last year

    IMG_1328 by michael_malone22, on Flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan H View Post
    Some days you're the bat, some days you're the watermelon.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    5th August 14
    Location
    Oxford, Mississippi
    Posts
    4,754
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone should want to be there, I wish I could be. Here's hoping there is a great turnout.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    26th February 12
    Location
    Lake in the Hills, IL
    Posts
    1,472
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The mayor can do a 12:30 photo, I'm planning on being there at 11, I will be trying to get my boy there in a kilt, I'm not overly hopeful, but there is a chance!!

    I look forward to seeing everyone there.

    @Tarheel just fly out and meet us there, we'd love to have you!
    "Everything is within walking distance if you've got the time"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    9th October 10
    Location
    Outskirts of Chicago IL
    Posts
    2,294
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrainReaper View Post
    The mayor can do a 12:30 photo, I'm planning on being there at 11, I will be trying to get my boy there in a kilt, I'm not overly hopeful, but there is a chance!!

    I look forward to seeing everyone there.

    @Tarheel just fly out and meet us there, we'd love to have you!
    @GrainReaper, you never know. A kilt might improve Jackson's mini-golf game.

    I can make 11~ish. It'll be good to see you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan H View Post
    Some days you're the bat, some days you're the watermelon.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    5th August 14
    Location
    Oxford, Mississippi
    Posts
    4,754
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gents, I just started classes in American Sign Language and there is a conflict in my schedule for many months to come. I will have to live vicariously through your photos and postings.

    Any thing I attend will have to be within 30 miles and less than a three hour window of fun. SO, go big or stay home!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    26th February 12
    Location
    Lake in the Hills, IL
    Posts
    1,472
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikilt View Post
    @GrainReaper, you never know. A kilt might improve Jackson's mini-golf game.

    I can make 11~ish. It'll be good to see you!
    I'll see you then! The loss of one eye and a leg would improve his game
    "Everything is within walking distance if you've got the time"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    9th October 10
    Location
    Outskirts of Chicago IL
    Posts
    2,294
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rabble,
    I am sorry to report that I will not be in attendance this weekend. We've had a death in the family and the services are Saturday. It was my Great-Uncle. He died at the age of 99 and 11 months! It's no coincidence that he was known for saying, "Meh, close enough"

    So please have a good time, look sharp and show them all how it's done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan H View Post
    Some days you're the bat, some days you're the watermelon.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    26th February 12
    Location
    Lake in the Hills, IL
    Posts
    1,472
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikilt View Post
    Rabble,
    I am sorry to report that I will not be in attendance this weekend. We've had a death in the family and the services are Saturday. It was my Great-Uncle. He died at the age of 99 and 11 months! It's no coincidence that he was known for saying, "Meh, close enough"

    So please have a good time, look sharp and show them all how it's done.
    Sorry to hear my friend, I will indeed do my best in looking sharp! That new vintage tweed jacket is coming out!
    "Everything is within walking distance if you've got the time"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    6th August 13
    Location
    Batavia il
    Posts
    242
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that Mike. I will b up there around 11:30 prob. Looking forward to it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    26th February 12
    Location
    Lake in the Hills, IL
    Posts
    1,472
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I couldn't get out of work, so I won't get there till like 12-12:30
    "Everything is within walking distance if you've got the time"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.0