X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy seeing all types of kilts. But I have to say; ever since Sam H. (Outlander) was in the parade and wearing a 21st Century kilt, then this years grand Marshall and the Yoga guys....I kind of thought maybe Howie was promoting the "I have a kilt for you to wear in the N.Y. parade" business offer. It certainly has made them more visible here in the US.
    Humor, is chaos; remembered in tranquillity- James Thurber

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of BC View Post
    Just to prove that it is possible to make a kilt that looks good, has all the swish of a traditional, and includes pockets...
    Here's another with pockets.

And in those pockets are my truck keys (with that big ol' honkin' remote), pocket knife, change and some folding money for the beer tent - everything I carry in the front pockets of my jeans - and it doesn't "print". The only thing in the sporran is the wallet, which would go in the back pocket when wearing jeans.

Let me tell ya, pockets are WAY more convenient than digging around in the sporran.

About the OP: Interesting look. A good look in fact, but I don't think it would look so good with tartan. Then again, it may depend on the tartan. I'm not a fan of kilt/waistcoat/jacket all of the same tartan, but McMurdo pulled it off with the Wildcat tartan.
    Tulach Ard

3. The Following 7 Users say 'Aye' to MacKenzie For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan Tess View Post
    I enjoy seeing all types of kilts. But I have to say; ever since Sam H. (Outlander) was in the parade and wearing a 21st Century kilt, then this years grand Marshall and the Yoga guys....I kind of thought maybe Howie was promoting the "I have a kilt for you to wear in the N.Y. parade" business offer. It certainly has made them more visible here in the US.
    Howie has dressed all our Grand Marshals back to Alan Cumming, Sam was not the first to wear a 21st Century Kilt
    ~Kyle

5. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to KWD For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KWD View Post
    Howie has dressed all our Grand Marshals back to Alan Cumming, Sam was not the first to wear a 21st Century Kilt
    And he looked great in the 21st Century Kilt suit. This outfit was a huge influence on my decision to get a tartan kilt suit.

7. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to McMurdo For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McMurdo View Post
    And he looked great in the 21st Century Kilt suit. This outfit was a huge influence on my decision to get a tartan kilt suit.

Yes, he certainly did..
    ~Kyle

Nomad is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacKenzie View Post
    Here's another with pockets.

And in those pockets are my truck keys (with that big ol' honkin' remote), pocket knife, change and some folding money for the beer tent - everything I carry in the front pockets of my jeans - and it doesn't "print". The only thing in the sporran is the wallet, which would go in the back pocket when wearing jeans.

Let me tell ya, pockets are WAY more convenient than digging around in the sporran
    Great looking kilt.

I'm in the market for a new kilt, would you mind telling me what tartan you are wearing (guessing Mackenzie weathered) what mill made it and who made it for you.

Many thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Great looking kilt.

I'm in the market for a new kilt, would you mind telling me what tartan you are wearing (guessing Mackenzie weathered) what mill made it and who made it for you.

Many thanks
    Thank you.

Yes, MacKenzie weathered. Lochcarron 13 oz. Made by Freedom Kilts.

The "build" thread is here.
    Tulach Ard

Nomad is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacKenzie View Post
    Thank you.

Yes, MacKenzie weathered. Lochcarron 13 oz. Made by Freedom Kilts.

The "build" thread is here.
    Thanks, and the link to the build is great for making an informed choice on sett or stripe.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456