X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Holiday in Maui

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holiday in Maui

My wife and I went to the sunset piping at Mick Fleetwood's restaurant in Old Lahaina. I did bring a USA Kilts PV casual in Douglas Ancient. We meet the piper afterwards.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1493746506053.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	30766Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1493746497918.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	30767
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.' Benjamin Franklin

2. The Following 8 Users say 'Aye' to Richrail For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised your lovely wife wasn't in a sarong or other cool fabric wrap. I'm glad to see a good time (even if it is not my own.)

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Tarheel For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to be Grammar Police or anything like that, but should the title of this thread be "Holiday ON Maui"? I lived 13 years on Oahu and that discussion came up constantly. You were in Maui County, but on the Island of Maui.

But seriously, looking good in Paradise, however you say it!
    "Don't give up what you want most for what you want now."
    Just my 2¢ worth.

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to duke_19_62 For This Useful Post:

Terry Searl is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by duke_19_62 View Post
    Not to be Grammar Police or anything like that, but should the title of this thread be "Holiday ON Maui"? I lived 13 years on Oahu and that discussion came up constantly. You were in Maui County, but on the Island of Maui.

But seriously, looking good in Paradise, however you say it!
    I have to say that I am very particular about grammar and spelling. Today's generation seems to think grammar and spelling are irrelevant but to me of an older generation it sometimes makes reading difficult and in some cases totally changes the meaning of what was intended....... in history when battle commands were issued in written orders, some of those commands caused hundreds of lives to be lost or men seriously wounded because of a misplaced or a missing comma...is that serious......what it means is that some of us wouldn't be here if it was OUR forebears who were so seriously affected by the punctuation or spelling,........I hope I'm not being too picky but to me it is important.......when I was a young fella I dug many many graves for our Dept of Veterans Affairs ...for fella's that had laid in hospital for a great many years due to the gas attacks and in some cases laid there so long, they were forgotten
    Last edited by Terry Searl; 2nd May 17 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    I'm surprised your lovely wife wasn't in a sarong or other cool fabric wrap. I'm glad to see a good time (even if it is not my own.)
    To tell the truth I wasn't even going to bring a kilt. My lovely wife gently insisted, after she found out about the piper at Fleetwood's in Old Lahaina.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.' Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richrail View Post
    To tell the truth I wasn't even going to bring a kilt. My lovely wife gently insisted, after she found out about the piper at Fleetwood's in Old Lahaina.
    That is one smart lady you have there.

10. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Tarheel For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Searl View Post
    I have to say that I am very particular about grammar and spelling. Today's generation seems to think grammar and spelling are irrelevant but to me of an older generation it sometimes makes reading difficult and in some cases totally changes the meaning of what was intended....... in history when battle commands were issued in written orders, some of those commands caused hundreds of lives to be lost or men seriously wounded because of a misplaced or a missing comma...is that serious......what it means is that some of us wouldn't be here if it was OUR forebears who were so seriously affected by the punctuation or spelling,........I hope I'm not being too picky but to me it is important.......when I was a young fella I dug many many graves for our Dept of Veterans Affairs ...for fella's that had laid in hospital for a great many years due to the gas attacks and in some cases laid there so long, they were forgotten

Let's eat, Grandma.

or Let's eat Grandma.

Commas save lives.
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Grouch Marx

12. The Following User Says 'Aye' to kiltedsawyer For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son and daughter in law had a sash made that had both family tartans(one on each side). They used the sash to wrap their hands together as they said their vows.
    I'm not lost, I just don't know where I am

14. The Following User Says 'Aye' to fflex For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So ... was Mick's 'Hog Burger' still on the menu?
    I got a kick out of that when we were there a few years ago. I had the Ahi Tuna BLT there, was a bit scary at first, as it was prepared ala Melville ... take the tuna in one hand, show it the coal with the other and dish it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9975.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	30809
    Last edited by javankrona; 7th May 17 at 12:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Searl View Post
    Hmm! That must be American, rather than English? As they say, two countries, separated by a common language.
    Regards, Sav.

"The Sun Never Sets on X-Marks!"