X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a Large Wallace Sports Kilt (worn once), Looking to Swap for Something Smaller

SWAP COMPLETE!

I bought a large Wallace Sports Kilt a while back thinking I would be able to fit into it, that proved to be far from the case. I wore it once and discovered the Velcro is way too large for me and the apron goes halfway around. It is the most basic Sports Kilt (no sewn down pleats, no pockets, no belt loop) but is in fairly good condition. I'm looking to swap for a kilt that I could actually fit into, new or used doesn't matter to me though. If you have an offer for a kilt accessory instead of a kilt (I've been looking for a belt for a while), I'm all ears. Pictures below.

Last edited by liammaclean; 10th May 17 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Liammaclean,
    I have an older(I bought it used) Sportkilt, size medium, All Ireland tartan). I didn't ever wear it though because it was too small, both at the waist and the length (it measures 19" length). It is in relatively good shape except for some pilling on the front apron probably due to a sporran. I think a pilling comb could remedy this although I have not tried. It is an older Works kilt from Sportskilt with a fringe and 2 buckles as well as Velcro waistband. The material is incredibly soft especially compared to my newer Sportkilt size large. This may be a different material than they currently use?? I tried to sell it a few years back on this forum with no takers. Let me know if you are interested. I think your large Wallace would fit me fine but it is probably worth more than my kilt. If interested maybe we can work something out.

Marty
    "The fun of a kilt is to walk, not to sit"