X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surgestion For which forum to post in

I would like to post a picture of my Grandfather in his kilt (CEF) to see if I could get some info about it. Which forum would be appropriate ? Deas Gu Cath

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not the owner or a moderator but the Military History and Heritage Sub-forum would seem to be appropriate. It's purpose is as follows:

"This forum section is for research and discussion of the History, Uniforms, and Heritage of those military units that had kilts as part of their uniform.

It is hoped that this section will be of use to those members who wish to research or ask questions of our resident experts on kilted military units.

This section should not be viewed as a repository of random photos.

(This forum section is exempt from the restriction to the weapons section as laid out in Rule #11 but must conform to the guidelines set out in the weapons section.)"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Bruce Scott, that seems like the appropriate place to post. Are you the CANSCOT or was he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Guys I'll post to that sub forum. No I'm not Canadian (live in Vancouver, Wash.) and neither was my Grandfather. He was a Nebraska farm boy who had moved to Canada and gotten a homestead on the Red Deer River in 1912. When the war broke out he enlisted into the 46th. Battalion but before they were deployed to the front he was transferred to the 16th. (Canadian Scottish) as a replacement. Deas Gu Cath