X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just something of interest about Outlander

Today I was hillwalking in the Lomond hills in Fife, kilted of course, best dress for the hills.
    After the walk we had a coffee in one of the many cafes in the village of Falkland, famous for Mary, Queen of Scots, her father James the fifth and the palace in the village where he died.
    But now it has another sort of fame in the shape of the scene from i think the first episode of the first series, where the shadowy figure beside the tollbooth in the square looks up at the window in the house where Claire is staying. A local businessman told me the story of this scene being filmed, obviously it was at night, he told me all buildings had been painted with contemporary paint, shop fronts were either covered or given a fitting new front, compensation to the businesses was paid. Behind the church a cherry picker fitted with different sort of lights to give the scene an authentic atmosphere was put in place.
    What stood out was the photos of our heroine and hero in every cafe and public house in the village, i got talking to a couple of cafe owners who swore that Jaimie and Claire were frequent visitors to their establishment during the several days of filming. So here is the irony of it, the Jacobite monarchs in Falkland have been relegated to a secondary role by our Jacobite hero and his English wife

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Jimmy For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is it I am not surprised?
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

4. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Jock Scot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    Why is it I am not surprised?
    Aye Jock, and this is only one of the locations throughout Scotland, a new industry arises, Do you think this is good for the tourist trade or not, it seems very favourable in Falkland?