X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilted yoga in the woods of Scotland

Did anyone see the BBC video of Findlay Wilson and one of his students doing yoga in the woods. Both were kilted and to get the best effects both went commando, obviously when doing their handstands, part of their anatomy was blocked out. I did see the excerpt on the BBC Scotland news but can't really remember the purpose of their kilted commando yoga exercise

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Jimmy For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am no prude, but I really cannot see that that sort of sensationalism helps the kilt or, yoga in any way.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

4. The Following 10 Users say 'Aye' to Jock Scot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are right Jock, it was in most newspapers , it must have been about a month ago , BBC Scotland featured it on their early evening news and interviewed the two guys, I just can't remember the purpose of why they were doing yoga exercises in the woods, just wearing a kilt and being commando for the cameras.
    It must have been a publicity stunt for his yoga club but how he got the BBC involved beats me

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've often heard from celebrities and businesses of questionable reputation, "even bad press is good press when the public discusses it."

7. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Tarheel For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like a stupid thing to do, put on some shorts or yoga clothes and go do yoga, a kilt commando style is just silly.

9. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to derosa For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    It must have been a publicity stunt for his yoga club but how he got the BBC involved beats me
    Finlay had already built a following on Instagram and the BBC, looking for influencers to help them connect with a younger audience, approached him. The whole point of the yoga video was to create content that would go viral. I watched an interview with both of the guys shortly after the internet melted down over them. They mentioned wanting to use their 15 minutes of internet fame to reach out and bring some attention to depression amongst men. Finlay is also involved with charitable organizations, teaching yoga to kids and cancer patients.
    Cheers!
    Bob

11. The Following 5 Users say 'Aye' to ratspike For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob, thanks for that explanation, now it can be see why this was done and not just a publicity stunt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I met both lads in NYC in April and had a chance to chat with them a bit. They are very down to earth and pleasant. They had done their routine as part of the Tartan Week observances and wore sport shorts under their kilts. They were a big hit with the ladies none the less. One shared an interest in mountain climbing with my daughter who does also. He was on his way to South American to climb a few peaks in the Andes.

But all in all I think they knew how to get some publicity, but in person they were not at all inappropriate.

CTB
    President, Clan Buchanan Society International

14. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to ctbuchanan For This Useful Post: