X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That whole punk-rock Dropkick Murphy's hipster look?

It seems like most of the guys on here, even in the contemporary section, are really down on the whole "Kilt/t-shirt/sneakers-or-combat-boots" kinda look. As much as I love the more traditional, more dressy looks, I'm a big fan of just throwing on a utility kilt with a t shirt and a pair of vans or docs or desert boots for a show or a street festival or a beer fest or whatever. Anybody else on this board into this sorta thing?

2. The Following 5 Users say 'Aye' to SouthPhillyMick For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthPhillyMick View Post
    It seems like most of the guys on here, even in the contemporary section, are really down on the whole "Kilt/t-shirt/sneakers-or-combat-boots" kinda look. As much as I love the more traditional, more dressy looks, I'm a big fan of just throwing on a utility kilt with a t shirt and a pair of vans or docs or desert boots for a show or a street festival or a beer fest or whatever. Anybody else on this board into this sorta thing?
    Sure, why not?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, not really. Its been months since I have worn a t shirt in public. I hardly ever leave the house without at least a shirt with a collar, and usually also a waistcoat.

But then I also hardly ever wear jeans, dont own a pair of tennis shoes, and my combat boot wearing is decidedly in the past.

The last time I went with a contemporary kilt wear look, it was at a camp/party after Tartan day where I changed out my wingtip ankle boots for a pair of Merrel hiking boots, and waistcoat shirt and tie for a kuhl pullover.

There is alot to be said for dressing "up" all the time, but all the positives have pretty much been lost on the kids today.

Yea, Get off my lawn LOL Ive just become an old foggy

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke MacGillie View Post
    There is alot to be said for dressing "up" all the time, but all the positives have pretty much been lost on the kids today.
    Yea, Get off my lawn LOL Ive just become an old foggy
    You're only as young (or old) as you feel. I will dress for the occasion and even mood (as these photo depict). However, I'm with you Luke, stay off my lawn, unless you're pushing a mower.

6. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Tarheel For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I certainly wear a t shirt around the house, but If im going to load up and drive 30 miles to town, if you see me in a t shirt it probably means something broke, and im angrier than normal :-)

8. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to Luke MacGillie For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I want to say, Im very pro freedom, dress how you wish. During parts of my life I have been what some may call a punk rocker, other times a hippy, but Ive settled into a mode of dress that is decidedly "North Briton" and the advantages of that mode of dress present themselves in the form of quicker and better service at restaurants, bars, pipe shops and the like. So my visits to towns and cities are much quicker and I can get back home to my books and things that cant be spoken of here ;-)

10. The Following 6 Users say 'Aye' to Luke MacGillie For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also like the t-shirt and kilt look. I think that part of kilts becoming a more common for guys to wear is being able to wear them with t-shirts. I will wear my sports kilts or UTKilt around with just a t-shirt and some sneakers and I love it. That said, I also love the look with a tweed jacket.

12. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to liammaclean For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1384.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	31053

Out casual this rabble!

I am all in on the comfort front.

14. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to KMCMICHAEL For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think we're down on it. Some of our traditionalists maybe but not all of us by any means. I dress that way frequently at home and even at the local pub during the week. I think it's just that we all know how to wear a T shirt and sandals or boots but dressing traditionally is new to many of us so that's where we ask questions and what gets discussed the most.
    Quondo Omni Flunkus Moritati

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the most part I hate tucking in shirts, the people in my church ignore the fact thankfully. Dress pants and shoes with clergy shirt and collar and a stole. Even if I start the service tucked in it doesn't stay that way, longer torso and shorter legs means they pull out easy. The kilt sits higher so button ups get tucked and mostly manage to stay. But for day to day I prefer to toss on a T-shirt and sneaks as though tossing on shorts, khakis or cargos.
    My first contemporary, a UT tartan cargo kilt, should better fit this look when it gets here on Tues.
    Last edited by derosa; 3rd June 17 at 05:12 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast