X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Care tag on my kilt

Bought a cheaper kilt to wear while doing the dirtier work (dont want to mess up my UTKilt or any nicer ones I get in the future).
    I was looking at the care tag, and saw this LOL....I think I need to cut that last line off there before the missus sees it
    (for the record, I do a bunch of the laundry & all the cooking...me lady works hard enough )
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-06-02 22.21.39__1496517984_100.34.222.169.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	31054

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor671 View Post
    Bought a cheaper kilt to wear while doing the dirtier work (dont want to mess up my UTKilt or any nicer ones I get in the future).
    I was looking at the care tag, and saw this LOL....I think I need to cut that last line off there before the missus sees it
    (for the record, I do a bunch of the laundry & all the cooking...me lady works hard enough )
    The only thing worse than that tag are the pigs who actually think it's funny. What brand is that kilt? I want to make sure everyone I know knows that company sucks.
    Cheers!
    Bob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ratspike View Post
    The only thing worse than that tag are the pigs who actually think it's funny. What brand is that kilt? I want to make sure everyone I know knows that company sucks.
    I'm sure its meant to be tongue in cheek and as such find it funny. Real question might be how many people trust their wifes to deal with their kilts? I used to get upset when she did my regular laundry; now that I don't work in a bicycle shop and don't have to deal with her setting grease or oil stains with the dryer I mind less. But she doesn't touch the kilts thankfully.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by derosa View Post
    I'm sure its meant to be tongue in cheek and as such find it funny. Real question might be how many people trust their wifes to deal with their kilts? I used to get upset when she did my regular laundry; now that I don't work in a bicycle shop and don't have to deal with her setting grease or oil stains with the dryer I mind less. But she doesn't touch the kilts thankfully.
    Would it still be funny if it was a line about taking your kilt to a Chinese laundry or giving it to the black maid instead? Tongue in cheek, right?
    Cheers!
    Bob

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folks.... this may be a post that is best ended before it gets flagged.
    Cheers to all...
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience
    well, that comes from poor judgement."
    A. A. Milne

6. The Following 5 Users say 'Aye' to Liam For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    Folks.... this may be a post that is best ended before it gets flagged.
    Cheers to all...
    My apologies...Don't want my first "real" post (other than the intro) to turn out like that...the tag just made me do a double-take, and if anyone took offense, you have my sincere apologies.

Ratspike , the brand only says "Forever Uniforms"

Again, if the post is causing strife, I'll remove it (if it is possible).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morose humor (from the Dark side) is often intended to be funny, usually by a perpetrator not considering the consequence. The label seems to be printed with that "snarky" approach.

I believe the gentlemen and ladies at XMarks are above such petty behavior. Thor, ratspike, derosa and Liam each posted an honest stand-point. Everyone of our members can learn (I find this web-site offers education with each thread) from this moment. I suggest we put this matter to rest before our words become regretful.
    Last edited by Tarheel; 4th June 17 at 04:12 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Tarheel For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It certainly has been educational to see that, regardless of rules, over many threads, some political and religious perspectives are allowed, others are not.

The tag was hilarious. I'll see myself out in search of a welcoming and tolerant place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some political and religious perspectives are allowed, others are not.
    May I remind members that it is not what is "allowed" by the forum moderators. We depend on our members to flag whatever it is that is offensive. If nobody is offended, we do not act in any official capacity.

Our website states in part:

One of our Guiding Principals states in part:

“To keep this forum an enjoyable and informative place we rely on a 'Flag a Post' Moderation policy”.

We have Moderators to oversee the forum but no one can be everywhere, all the time. This forum software contains a 'Flag a Post' feature. We rely on our members to govern themselves and submit, or raise a flag on any post, thread, Personal Message(PM), or email that they feel needs to be brought to the attention of the staff.

Flagging a Post sends an alert notice to the Forum Moderators. The first Moderator on-line, will review the post or thread that has been flagged.
    That information and greater detail can be found at Terms of Service: http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/f...dispute_policy

Thank you for your interest; for what it's worth, as you can see at the bottom of the thread, I and one other moderator have read it and are monitoring the discussion. You will perhaps note my quick response to reply to your comment.

Father Bill,
    Forum Moderator
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

12. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Closing thread at request of OP.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.