X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultimate blacksmithing kilt is finished!

I finally have my kilt for blacksmithing finished, so I figured I would start a new thread to show it off!!

I made a YouTube video of it. My wife is not awake right now so I cant get any good photos, but here is the link to the video!

https://youtu.be/fPgXeLu27pA

I make a joke at the end about confusing Ireland and Scotland, I hope it doesn't irritate anyone, it's supposed to be a light hearted joke, and I hope it is taken that way.

I am so excited about having this thing finished. It took me a couple weeks to get done. And I put at least 3 full days in, the rest was working on it as much as I could.

I want to thank everyone here, while I didn't join until after I started making the kilt, people on this forum were very influential on the design of this kilt. You guys rock and I am glad to be a part of this community.

Gonna make a Warped Legacy kilt pin, and a sporran with a padded pocket for my phone, not sure which I'll tackle next, but I'll keep you informed!

I will post pics as soon as I can get someone to take them!

And thank you again so much, you have no idea how much I appreciate the information I got here.

2. The Following 6 Users say 'Aye' to twandawg85 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude...you are out of your mind And i love it. I thoroughly enjoyed following your thread and seeing the video put it all together nicely. Well done. ......thread injector ha ha ha.
    Ps i had to subscribe.

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to kiltedcontractor For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chapeau, my good man! Loved the video and threw you a subscribe while I was there. It was fun to watch, and brought back a lot of memories from when I was learning to make kilts. The *thunk* of the bending needle is something I remember all too well. Thanks for an entertaining 15 minutes and 41 seconds.
    Cheers!
    Bob

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to ratspike For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That thunk scared the crap outta me the first time it happened. I figured out how to avoid it, then thought "I should get that on camera." Then I couldn't get it to do it again. It took a few tries to get that shot.

And yes I'm a bit outta my mind....and I like it that way.

Thanks for the subs!

I got pictures, but I need to get to a computer to resize them for the forum(in on my phone now.)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome kilt*, great channel. I'll try to subscribe later from my computer!

*I'm not a non tartan kilt wearer, but that was great! Although I stuff that much, including lunch, into my cargo pants when I'm on the ambulance.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those must be some loose fitting pants! Even if my pants had that much storage, I'd have a hard time filling the pockets. I have a hard time getting pants big enough to get on let alone big enough to let the fabric move enough to fit that much stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I finally got a chance to size some photos for this forum. I also got a chance to work in the kilt. It was great. I was still sweating, but it was much cooler. Still don't want to know how hot its gonna be this summer though.

I think I have an idea on how I'm gonna make the kilt pin. I have been meaning learn to forge weld. I will need to weld for the logo kilt pin. Im gonna do a video on learning to forge weld while making my kilt pin.

I also think I figured out how I'm gonna do my sporran.

I also missed a great opportunity to ease myself into wearing the kilt in public. The Alma highland festival was this past weekend.... I didn't realize it was that weekend until it was too late.

Anyway here are pics. I just threw it on quick for pictures, its on too low, but you can still see how the kilt looks. I made this thing to work, and its already gotten dirty. But that is its purpose!! This thing is beastly.

Last edited by twandawg85; 31st May 17 at 12:04 PM.

11. The Following User Says 'Aye' to twandawg85 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh how I hate you practical chaps! I loved the video and the sense of humour. Well done laddie!
    Last edited by Jock Scot; 31st May 17 at 12:34 PM.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

13. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Jock Scot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel insulted.... I left practical behind a long time ago! lol. I think practical went out the window when I pulled out the TV remote. I am also making a sporran.....cuz I really need more storage space in this thing.

15. The Following User Says 'Aye' to twandawg85 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm newer, so I missed any build thread, but I thoroughly enjoyed the video....I laughed! I cried! I shrieked (at the needle slam)! I cheered!

In all seriousness, I was very impressed at how well it turned out, and how much STORAGE you concealed in there! Superb work!!

17. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Thor671 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast