X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb website Burnetts and Struth website Kilt Society website
The Scottish Trading Company Xmarks advertising information MacGregor and MacDuff Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Just getting started.

Hi everyone. When I was young, and really had no interest in where I came from, my dad told me that our family descended from Scotland. He also told me that we left Scotland and migrated to Nova Scotia and then on down to New England. Well, now that I am older I have discovered that I now want to know this history. Unfortunately, all of the older folks of my family have past and I have very few family members that I can discuss this with. So, my wife and I recently went to the Scottish Highland Festival in Blairsville, Ga. I talked to a number of Clans that where there and discovered that my name, "Morris", on my dads side, is either from the Clan Gordon or the Clan Buchanan depending on what part of Scotland we originated. I have gone on line and via Nova Scotia vital statistics found that my grandfather and grandmother did indeed come from there. But so far haven't found any thing beyond them. So I guess I am asking for suggestions on how to go back further. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Don Morris.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well met Don. I hope some members will be able to help you with the family search. I'm sorry to say I can't with that subject, but will assist with anything else if you seek. Glad to have you with us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from Reno, NV.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.' Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.

I appreciate your replies. I will be continuing my research and hopefully will find out more. Really wood like to find out what area we came from. And----Ben Franklin is correct----"beer does make us happy".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't help specifically, but, nonetheless Filte from Alabama!
    "We are all connected...to each other, biologically; to the earth, chemically; to the universe, atomically...and that makes me smile." - Neil deGrasse Tyson