X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website Kilt Society website
The Scottish Trading Company Xmarks advertising information MacGregor and MacDuff Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I am speechless. This is just beautiful and certainly exceeds my expectations for this tartan. Thank you so much for this, Peter. You really as a master at this! Thanks for showing us some different pleating options too. They are good for ideas!

Highest regards,
    Adam

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuisprest View Post

Well, I am speechless. This is just beautiful and certainly exceeds my expectations for this tartan. Thank you so much for this, Peter. You really as a master at this! Thanks for showing us some different pleating options too. They are good for ideas!

Highest regards,
    Adam
    Thanks Adam. The pleating to the green seems to be getting rave comments form those I've shared this with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peter, the cloth (as displayed in your photos) looks great! Wonderful job by the Elliots firm! Now that you have the cloth in hand, I'll be interested in hearing from you about the details.

Gerry

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orvis View Post
    Peter, the cloth (as displayed in your photos) looks great! Wonderful job by the Elliots firm! Now that you have the cloth in hand, I'll be interested in hearing from you about the details.

Gerry
    You're on my list Gerry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I first got in touch with Peter about ten months ago. I told him that I wanted to get a new kilt made using an old style of Fraser tartan. He sent me his article on the Fraser of Struy tartan. His research was incredible and showed that what is usually labeled as Fraser of Altyre should actually be called Fraser of Struy. Moreover, what is sold by the mills that offer Fraser of Altyre is very inaccurate when it is examined against the original specimen. I was sold, I asked Peter if we could replicate the original cloth as closely as possible in colour, weight, and dimension.

In the months following our discussion, Peter sent me yarn samples to see if I liked them for the colour. Again, we decided to match it as closely to the original as possible. I even thought that the blue might be a little too dark against the green but my gut feeling just said to stick with the original colour scheme.

Last month when the photos of the cloth being made at Andrew Elliot Ltd were posted I couldn't believe it. It took my breath away. It looked better than I could have imagined. Also, getting cloth custom made like this allows you to see photos of the manufacturing process that you just don't get with mass-produced cloth.

Earlier today I met with Peter to collect the cloth. I was so happy to finally meet him in person. He has made my dreams come true with this tartan and I couldn't be happier. The cloth looks as though it came straight out of a museum collection, it looks that good!

What I love about the cloth are the details in it, you can tell that this was not a mass-produced cloth. It is so vastly different from the other cloth I have had kilts made out of and it will make a magnificent kilt.

Again, I cannot recommend Peter highly enough. He has exceeded my expectations with this tartan and I am proud to own it.

I will be posting better photos in daylight but this is the best I can do for now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25188382_10155879619935890_2047738403_n.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	32571

Here is this gorgeous tartan in daylight.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25323506_10155881916760890_640022154_n.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	32580
    Last edited by jesuisprest; Today at 11:35 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123