X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Ashley D is offline Representative www.houseofcheviot.com
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you ever want to try something new, let me know. We have a warehouse full of shooting socks.

Best Wishes,
    Ashley
    House of Cheviot
    Manufacturers of Luxury Kilt Hose and Shooting Socks. Based in Hawick, Scotland - the Heart of Scottish Knitwear & Textiles.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley D View Post
    If you ever want to try something new, let me know. We have a warehouse full of shooting socks.

Best Wishes,
    Ashley
    Should you want to make some room in your warehouse you could always send me a dozen or so pairs for a free, honest and unbiased trial.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashley
    Let me first say I own several pair of House of Cheviot kilt hose and have always been happy with the fit and finish. Recently I purchased a pair of Shetland Highfell hose with matching garter ties, I notice that the Shetland range is lacking the colours of say the Lewis or Rannoch hose. This may simply be due to the fact that they are more expensive than the other ranges. This makes me wonder are there any plans to expand the Shetland colour range?

As for fancy or plain weaves, I tend to switch between them as the occasion merits. Years ago I purchased 3 pair of the Bowmore hose and still wear them when the mood strikes they never fail to garner compliments. Lately when wearing the kilt I've turned to my self coloured hose more often than not but that has nothing to do with quality or lack thereof.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a fan of both the Lewis and Rannoch hose (especially the dark natural and bracken). I'd love to see you offer a red and green option in your diced hose!
    Shaun Maxwell
    Vice President & Texas Commissioner
    Clan Maxwell Society

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McMurdo View Post
    Ashley
    Let me first say I own several pair of House of Cheviot kilt hose and have always been happy with the fit and finish. Recently I purchased a pair of Shetland Highfell hose with matching garter ties, I notice that the Shetland range is lacking the colours of say the Lewis or Rannoch hose. This may simply be due to the fact that they are more expensive than the other ranges. This makes me wonder are there any plans to expand the Shetland colour range?

As for fancy or plain weaves, I tend to switch between them as the occasion merits. Years ago I purchased 3 pair of the Bowmore hose and still wear them when the mood strikes they never fail to garner compliments. Lately when wearing the kilt I've turned to my self coloured hose more often than not but that has nothing to do with quality or lack thereof.
    Thank you for your feedback

We made the Shetland in only 4 colours as we weren't sure if they'd sell. However, a few years ago we did make them in plain colours. I think we have some in our warehouse - would you be interested in purchasing them? The 30% discount would apply.

The Bowmore socks are very eye-catching but yes, I'd agree with the self coloured hose. Our Lewis socks are self coloured and look extremely classy with a kilt.

Thanks,
    Ashley
    House of Cheviot
    Manufacturers of Luxury Kilt Hose and Shooting Socks. Based in Hawick, Scotland - the Heart of Scottish Knitwear & Textiles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunMaxwell View Post
    I'm a fan of both the Lewis and Rannoch hose (especially the dark natural and bracken). I'd love to see you offer a red and green option in your diced hose!
    Hi Shaun,

Thank you for your comments.

Our Rannoch and Lewis socks are classics - they do look good earthy colours like Bison. Do you think red/green diced hose would sell well? I think diced hose are declining in popularity slightly. I'm probably wrong though!

Thanks,
    Ashley
    House of Cheviot

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley D View Post
    Thank you for your feedback

We made the Shetland in only 4 colours as we weren't sure if they'd sell. However, a few years ago we did make them in plain colours. I think we have some in our warehouse - would you be interested in purchasing them? The 30% discount would apply.

The Bowmore socks are very eye-catching but yes, I'd agree with the self coloured hose. Our Lewis socks are self coloured and look extremely classy with a kilt.

Thanks,
    Ashley
    I thought that might be the reason that there were only 4 colours, as for purchasing more, at he moment I have approximately 50 pair of kilt hose, though the 30% discount is tempting if I come home with another pair my good lady may have my head.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50 pairs, wow! That's a kilt sock obsession.

Have a think about it and let me know if you'd like another pair.

Tip for the future: get them sent to another address and smuggle them into the house when she's out. Works every time for me with shoes - my boyfriend never notices!

Thanks again for the feedback.
    Ashley
    House of Cheviot

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Ashley D For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashley, I quick question if I may. Are the Rannoch thistle and the Lognagar grape the same shade of purple. I am looking for a purple sock to go with my Isle of Skye kilt. I have 12 pairs of HOC hose now and cannot be more pleased with them. Also the marled sock that you mention in this thread sounds very interesting. Thanks for any help you can give.
    Phil
    proud U.S. Navy vet

Creag ab Sgairbh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sailortats View Post
    Ashley, I quick question if I may. Are the Rannoch thistle and the Lognagar grape the same shade of purple. I am looking for a purple sock to go with my Isle of Skye kilt. I have 12 pairs of HOC hose now and cannot be more pleased with them. Also the marled sock that you mention in this thread sounds very interesting. Thanks for any help you can give.
    Phil
    Hi Phil,

We have 3 different shade of purple online - it can get very confusing!

Style Rannoch in Thistle: https://www.houseofcheviot.com/rannoch-thistle?product
    Style Lochagar in Grape: https://www.houseofcheviot.com/lochnagar-grape?product
    Style Shetland in Heather: https://www.houseofcheviot.com/shetland-heather?product

All really nice socks. The Shetland is special - cabled leg and top in a marl yarn. They are more expensive than the Rannoch or Lochnagar though.

If you'd like to purchase any to wear with your Isle of Skye kilt, please remember to use the 30% discount code (in original post).

I hope this is helpful.

Kind Regards,
    Ashley
    House of Cheviot

12. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Ashley D For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast