X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Ashley D is offline Representative www.houseofcheviot.com
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP! We need your feedback.

Hello,

It's been a while since we posted, things have been extremely busy here at Kilt Sock HQ. We're starting work on our 2018 range and would like your feedback... What colour of kilt hose do you want to see? Is there a jacket colour trending at the moment? Do you prefer plain to fancy stitch?

Any feedback would be great and as a token of our appreciation, we're offering XMarks members 30% off your next kilt hose order by using code THANKYOU30 at the checkout. That would mean a MASSIVE £29.70 off full tartan hose!!

Looking forward to your expert opinions

Ashley
    House of Cheviot
    https://www.houseofcheviot.com/highland-hose
    House of Cheviot
    Manufacturers of Luxury Kilt Hose and Shooting Socks. Based in Hawick, Scotland - the Heart of Scottish Knitwear & Textiles.

2. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to Ashley D For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love a fancy knit, and it seems to be hard to get claret or bison colours. Thanks for the offer!
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

4. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your feedback Bill. We make Lewis kilt socks in both bison and claret, perhaps we should offer those colours in a wider range of styles.
    House of Cheviot
    Manufacturers of Luxury Kilt Hose and Shooting Socks. Based in Hawick, Scotland - the Heart of Scottish Knitwear & Textiles.

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Ashley D For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a purple in the lewis or rannock line that's the same purple the garter ties, perhaps an alternative color top like someone on here just dyed could be interesting.
    I also prefer fancy stitch but my wallet prefers plain, in the midst of a move now but fully planned later this year to get a trio of your fancier socks, one for each tartan kilt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We offer a purple in style Rannoch: https://www.houseofcheviot.com/rannoch-thistle?product

They are priced at £39.95 but would only be £27.96 with the discount code mentioned in our original post.

We're thinking about trying new cable tops and possibly a marled sock for next year which would incorporate blues, greys and purples. Grey and purple seem to be gaining in popularity!

Thank you so much for the feedback, much appreciated.

Ashley
    House of Cheviot

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Ashley, as a regular satisfied user of your plain hose both with the kilt and out in the field shooting there is little to improve. I do wonder if your "fancy weaves" are bulkier? From a shooting perspective, there is precious little room around my wellingtons in the calf area for extra bulk! Just a thought.

Finally if I may, I would like to bring something else to your attention. I have little need to wear your smashing argyle patterned hose these days, but sadly, on the two occasions that I have needed to wear them in the last few years, I found them immediately far too tight(think thrombosis tight) around the top of the calf where the hose top turns over. So tight that I could not wear them even for a minute. I hasten to add, that on both occasions on return to the merchant who supplied them, my money was refunded in full. Now I am no slim Jim, neither am I huge and I really don't think my admittedly fairly large calves are anything out of the ordinary, size wise------I have absolutely no problem with your plain hose, never have-------so something worth you looking into?
    Last edited by Jock Scot; 6th July 17 at 05:40 AM.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your feedback - much appreciated.

Are you referring to our Rannoch shooting stockings? When this design was first introduced most men wore brogues on shoot days therefore the top is quite chunky. Have you tried any of our other shooting socks? The Kyle is particularly popular at the moment (sold with matching garter ties) and would offer more room in your wellies. https://www.houseofcheviot.com/catal...result/?q=kyle

I'm sorry to hear that - it is something we'll definitely look into. The Argyle hose should fit up to a 20 inch calf approx. I'll mention this in our production meeting on Monday - thank you for highlighting this.

Don't forget to use the 30% discount

Thanks again for your comments.
    Ashley
    House of Cheviot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed the one purple, on your site there is a shop now button that let's you look through but excludes some of the colors and styles. This is based on a smart phone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you type 'Rannoch' into the search bar they will appear. We're currently working on the site so there are some inconsistencies. The Thistle colour is gorgeous though and you can never go wrong with Rannoch.
    House of Cheviot

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley D View Post
    Thank you for your feedback - much appreciated.

Are you referring to our Rannoch shooting stockings? When this design was first introduced most men wore brogues on shoot days therefore the top is quite chunky. Have you tried any of our other shooting socks? The Kyle is particularly popular at the moment (sold with matching garter ties) and would offer more room in your wellies. https://www.houseofcheviot.com/catal...result/?q=kyle

I'm sorry to hear that - it is something we'll definitely look into. The Argyle hose should fit up to a 20 inch calf approx. I'll mention this in our production meeting on Monday - thank you for highlighting this.

Don't forget to use the 30% discount

Thanks again for your comments.
    Ashley
    Thank you for looking into the issue that I raised.

I do wear brogues shooting when conditions allow and a far more comfortable way to enjoy a days shooting it is. Sadly, British weather and British terrain does not always allow the wearing of brogues!

I never look at what style your plain hose are! I just look at the colours and then just buy half a dozen pairs at a time. Oh, I really cannot be bothered with the garter ties, they end up in the bin with the wrapping.
    Last edited by Jock Scot; 6th July 17 at 06:08 AM.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast