X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    georgeetta is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mac Culloch kilt

dear folk,

yesterday i saw an inexpensive mac culloch tartan kilt now i forgot where ..

onyb'dy hae ony idea far this is ??

thanks

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George,

You may get more responses to your inquiries if you take the time to check your spelling and punctuation before you hit "Submit Post".
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Steve Ashton For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    georgeetta, your post doesn't leave much to go on. A google search wasn't very helpful. Might it have been on eBay?
    Last edited by Taskr; 14th July 17 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Steve's point taken

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a quote from our policy on "The basic courtesy protocols of X Marks"
    This policy may be found in out Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

When posting to X Marks there are a few protocols which we feel are basic to our forum.

The person who starts a thread is known as the Original Poster, or OP for short. We regard the OP as the owner of their threads.
    Someone starts a thread for a reason. They may be asking a specific question or may want to make a particular point. As the owner of a thread the OP may request that their thread be closed if they have received an answer to their question, if they feel the thread has veered off the intended topic, or is no longer useful or helpful. The OP may also request that their thread be re-named or moved if they feel it appropriate.

It is considered polite to add a few words of comment or explanation when posting a link to any outside source such as another website or video.
    Posting just a link is easy, yes, but much more friendly to your fellow members if you explain a little about what the link leads to and perhaps why you decided to share the link. This is to allow our members to choose if they wish to follow the link or not.

Forum threads are a unique communication type. They are read linearly and are not easily followed if the topic is changed mid-thread or if the subject wanders. It is considered polite for those participating in a thread to keep their posts on the original topic of the thread. If someone wishes to change the topic it is expected that they would start a new thread.

It is accepted that the use of all capital letters is a form of shouting.

While it is common on forums to use "web-speak", acronyms and abbreviations, we consider it polite to use only wording that would be familiar to most of our members. Please remember that we are an international forum. Some of our members are old enough not to have grown up on the internet. We have listed some acronyms and abbreviations specific to X Marks here in the FAQ's.

While X Marks has members from around the world we have chosen to accept English as our common language. Writing in dialect or in languages other than English is seen as impolite.

The written word is our medium of communication. It is considered polite to use accepted English language usage, sentence structure and punctuation.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Steve Ashton For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ashton View Post
    While it is common on forums to use "web-speak", acronyms and abbreviations, we consider it polite to use only wording that would be familiar to most of our members... It is considered polite to use accepted English language usage, sentence structure and punctuation.
    Happily this is true not only of this site but of all the sites I frequent.

It really stands out when a new member of this or any of those sites posts with things like "gr8" and "lol" and so forth. I think those things work fine with Twitter etc but not for a site such as this.

Back to the OP's query all I know how to do is Google "mcculloch kilt" under "shopping" and hope that something turns up:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mccu...w=1024&bih=522

Not much, as it happens.

You can try Ebay. Oftentimes the UK Ebay has more interesting used and vintage kilt-related items than our US Ebay does.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/

I don't know where you're located, but if you're in the USA beware that many Ebay UK sellers don't ship to the USA.
    Last edited by OC Richard; 14th July 17 at 04:32 PM.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spelling

[QUOTE=Steve Ashton;1343492]
    When posting to X Marks there are a few protocols which we feel are basic to our forum.

I grew up in a Scottish family ..and I get a kick out of our households listening to Doric ..your info on spelling [mistakes] is how Doric is spelled . I was only being cheerful/familiar in a friendly way .

d

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to georgeetta For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

macc-

[QUOTE=OC Richard;1343515]Happily this is true not only of this site but of all the sites I frequent.

It really stands out ...

I have tried to track it down with computer and have entirely unsuccessful finding it again ..I have shipped a few kilts back from Scotland ..it was very nice as it had all the basic colors of ..macaulay, red morrison, macdonalds isles ..or macgregor ..red green stripes and black stripe ..no white I can think of ..very nice look for a red tartan .

I know it was in dollars ..either @ $39.00 or $59.00 I felt sure .

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Macc-

. Might it have been on eBay?[/QUOTE]

YES maybe, but I was bouncing around it seemed to me it was also listed as 13 oz. and there was ..band sales too ..chanters reeds etc ..and flashes ..

thanks for your attention .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

macc-

[QUOTE=Taskr;1343488]georgeetta, your post doesn't leave much to go on.

I also believe it was a tartan material or kilt form Pakistan .

thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeetta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taskr View Post
    georgeetta, your post doesn't leave much to go on.
    I also believe it was a tartan material or kilt form Pakistan .

thanks
    I think it might be a made up tartan, the Pakistani kilts sometimes do that Nothing comes up on Google or Tartan Register
    Kilted Technician!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast