X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Withnell View Post
    By and large, I have found that flying kilted is not significantly more of an issue than flying bifurcated. It's not as if the TSA is unfamiliar with skirts and other non-bifurcated clothing. I would of course avoid sgians in your carry on stuff, and kilt pins, especially sword shaped ones. Minimizing the amount of metal on your person is always a good idea no matter how dressed. I have an artificial hip, so I am not going to make it through the metal detector in any case, but I have found that a quiet, polite and cooperative attitude will get you through fairly easily, 99% of the time.
    I have three bolts in my left hip. I'm usually OK, but every once in a while I set off an alarm. Always minimize metal,
    always be polite. I often mention the pins as I'm approaching the detector, and apologize if I set it off. It's calmer.

2. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to tripleblessed For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011