X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's going on with Clan Donald Canada?

Hello everyone,

As you can tell, I'm new here to the forum... And I may be posting this in the wrong area... (If so, moderator please move)

I live in North Glengarry, Ontario, Canada, and I was looking to get more involved with activities for my family's clan. To this end I went to register as a member, and noticed that there has not been a new post on the Clan Donald Canada website since 2016; and the last posted event was 2015.

Does anyone here, know what's going on with them? Are they still an active group?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess if nobody answers you, nothing going on at all.... I belong to Clan Donald in Mid Atlantic and rarely get information.. Are you looking on the Facebook page, most favor that then the website...hope this helps.
    Allan Collin MacDonald III
    Grandfather - Clan Donald, MacDonald (Clanranald) /MacBride, Antigonish, NS, 1791
    Grandmother - Clan Chisholm of Strathglass, West River, Antigonish, 1803
    Scottish Roots: Knoidart, Inverness, Scotland, then to Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the facebook page for Clan Donald Southern Ontario. I will alert the Clan convener about this thread as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/201068596716927/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're all volunteers

Hi! I'm the Deputy High Commissioner of Clan Donald Canada and the Commissioner of Clan Donald Southern Ontario.

We are actually having an AGM in September in Cornwall and would love for you to attend. The website is not updated often as most of our volunteers are senior citizens and not super tech savvy. Activities are happening, especially in Glengarry Stormont where the branch is healthy and active. A newsletter was sent out this year. Are your dues paid up? Did you get one? I recommend contacting the Commissioner of the Glengarry Stormont branch, Glenda McDonell to see what's happening locally.
    Natan Easbaig Mac Dhòmhnaill, FSA Scot
    Past High Commissioner, Clan Donald Canada
    “Yet still the blood is strong, the heart is Highland, And we, in dreams, behold the Hebrides.” - The Canadian Boat Song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

This thread was a good reminder. I've been meaning to send in my new member form for Clan Donald Canada. I've had a half filled out form and unwritten cheque on my desk for a few months now. Will finish the task now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very much alive!

Thank you for the responses to my question. It turns out that Clan Donald Canada is very much alive, and it seems that I caught them while they were in a transition between their old website and a new one. I did as Nathan suggested in this thread, and attended their AGM in Cornwall, Ontario. It was my privledge to meet many of the wonderful members of Clan Donald Canada, as well I was invited to attend their gala dinner, which turned out to be no less than fantastic.

I have asked the moderator to delete this thread, as it serves no purpose, and could cast a dispersion that is both unneeded and inappropriate.

Thank you again for all the replies.

7. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Dunnyveg For This Useful Post:

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This issue has been resolved.

Thread closed at the request of the OP.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner