X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Advertisers?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Advertisers?

Steve, I no longer see the advertiser logos/links at the top of the page, nor on the right.

I have tried it in Firefox and Chrome. Did I miss an announcement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan H View Post
    Some days you're the bat, some days you're the watermelon.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have all the advertisers when I log on with Firefox and Internet explorer. Your service (mine is AT$T) may have set parameters to block certain ads (or companies) until contracts are set. The local Television stations in Memphis did this until there was an outcry from viewers.

I am sure there is nothing wrong with XMarks site. Maybe there are security settings you could check on your computer to correct the issue. Good luck either way.
    Last edited by Tarheel; 18th August 17 at 02:41 PM.

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the ads are still there. Is it possible that you updated your browser and added an ad blocker?
    Our advertisers logos are embedded within the forum software and should not be effected by an ad blocker as they are not ads in the external sense like GoogleAds.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just tried on another machine and I can see the logos there. Something weird with this machine.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan H View Post
    Some days you're the bat, some days you're the watermelon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using Firefox on Windows 10. I had an ad-blocker add-on that removed them all. I turned it off for X-Marks because sometimes I like to browse our supporters for what I need/ want.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ashton View Post
    All the ads are still there. Is it possible that you updated your browser and added an ad blocker?
    Our advertisers logos are embedded within the forum software and should not be effected by an ad blocker as they are not ads in the external sense like GoogleAds.
    Apparently some ad blockers do recognize them as ads, and block them. I'm on Firefox, using "Adblock Plus". It automatically blocks all the logos from the top of the page unless I disable it for this site. Below are screen shots of the header with the ad blocker disabled, and then enabled. Also, if it's of any interest, I'm also showing a screen shot of the list of items it knows to block (shown in red). I guess embedding the ads in the forum software isn't fooling them.

8. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Tobus For This Useful Post: