X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Miah is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flip Flops & Kilts?

I know this was mentioned somewhere but.......
    I just got a brand new pair of Flip flops
    http://www.rainbowsandals.com/
    I got the light leather ones. Friend has a pair that he has had for 4 years now and I don't think he wears anything else.
    Incredable sandles BTW great warranty and all.
    My problem is that that they clash something horrid with my Kilts.I was thinking about ordering a Tan or Kaki solid kilt
    I have been checking out a few but not sure how it would look with Flip flops.
    Anybody wear there kilts with Flops?
    Oh and to any flip flop wearers out there here ya go http://www.flipflopsocks.com/storefor those winters when it is to chilly to wear just the flops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a couple guys who wear sandals/flip-flops with a kilt, but I personally would only consider it when taking the garbage out or checking the mail. For some reason, it just don't look/feel right to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up some sandles at Wal Mart(liked them so much I bought two more pair)and I think they look great for my Utilikilt and would be great for any casual kilt. Especially for cookouts,beach walking etc. On the other hand I am not so sure about the tartan kilt though,I'll try it out and see but I don't think it will look too good.

Dave

Miah is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I can't bring myself to wear them with the Tartan kilts.
    but living in the south, and on the beach, sandels are a way of life. Looks like i may have to start saving up for a solid canvas style kilt too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wear my kilt with flip flops in summer, i don t think that it looks bad. for sure it is very casual wear. for me i dont like regular sandals with kilt.
    but what one likes is just good...

elijah is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look, Hank, said no political stuff. What's this about John Kerry wearing a kilt anyway? ;) lol. j/k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elijah
    Look, Hank, said no political stuff. What's this about John Kerry wearing a kilt anyway? ;) lol. j/k.
    Ba dum dum...*crash*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus
    Quote Originally Posted by elijah
    Ba dum dum...*crash*
    Elijah,

You got me on that one, I was prepared for something serious (I just returned from a City Council Meeting), so my mind was not where it should be.

Miah,

If you want to have flipflops go for it the Gladiator look can be pretty neat, however when you get to Pueblo, you may have to get some hueraches.
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miah,

Flip-Flops : No! (Except on a sandy beach - maybe!).
    Sandals : Yes - but never with socks and preferably not with tartan (great with Utilikilts, Amerikilts, etc., etc.).
    Other footwear (shoes/boots) need to be heavy-looking to keep the visual balance right!)
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Dreadbelly is offline Membership Revoked for repeated rule violations.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno. I think Birkenstocks would look nice with a kilt. Even a tartan. Birkenstock clogs look a lot like Celtic clogs, only a lot nicer.

I wear a size 9 1/2 to a 10, quadruple E. Finding shoes that fit my foot is hard. Birkenstocks just fit nicely.

What's wrong with the Roman Gladiator look?

I have my eye on a pair of chocolate/mocha coloured Birkenstock clogs to get to wear with my kilts. As soon as my damn bank card goes through, I will be kilted.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast