X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Threaded View

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CDNSushi has been inducted to the X Marks Honor Roll

CDNSushi registered to X Marks on the 22nd of July, 2008. While living in Japan, JD as he is known, was the very first host of our own Travelling Quaich.

He joined the Staff of X Marks as a Forum Moderator on the 1st of September, 2011.
    In 2013 JD returned to his home country of Canada and now resides in Victoria, BC with his wife.

Recently JD posted a retirement notice to the other Staff Members. Here is just a small quote -

"...I'm not one for long, gushy goodbyes, so please accept this as my impending resignation as XMarks moderator. I will officially step down on the anniversary of my induction as a mod... I find myself spending far less time behind a computer monitor in general. With all that has been going on in my life, I just don't have time. When I'm not working as a driving instructor, I'm busy building up and starting my own business -- a motorcycle school, and when I'm not doing that, I'm still volunteering at the local YMCA as a personal trainer and fitness instructor. And yet, when I'm not doing that, I'm enjoying every moment with my beautiful daughter, who is now almost two years old, and a true joy. There are even other side gigs, hobbies, and organizations that I'm a member of, and participate in. Victoria has allowed me to find communities of people that I relate to well and who I call friends. This is my tribe! I've been active at our church, playing with the music team, and preaching a little as well. These are my people! And I love our island home..."

A very busy life indeed. Please join me in congratulating CDNSushi on his induction to the X Marks Honor Roll and thanking him for his years of service to our forum.
    Last edited by Steve Ashton; 1st September 17 at 11:41 AM.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner