X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, and I wore my kilt to work today.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My birthday is October 8, I'll be in New Orleans that weekend but would enjoy a wee dram during the following week. Or any other time for that matter.

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Joe Sixpack For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, well. Another crash and burn, and I had talked Lamar into joining us. Not to replace a kilt night, but remember that all in the Atlanta area
    (resident or in town for the games) are always invited to get together at the Tavern in Conyers the Friday evening of weekend of the Stone
    Mountain Highland Games. A good chance to meet members from out of town. Jim, @thescot, is our host, though sometimes Lamar and/or I
    sit in if he's not available.

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to tripleblessed For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When are the games? I'm normally in Birmingham on weekends but would like to stay over and bring the missus.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    October 20 to 22 this year.

http://www.smhg.org/
    Craig Jones
    ---
    It’s a lang road that’s no goat a turnin

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stone Mountain Upon US

Lads and lassies,

I regret that I will not be able to take part in the festivities surrounding our beloved Stone Mountain Games this year. As Lynn and I have bought a lake house in need of renovation, almost every spare moment I have is spent there. (I have already replaced both toilets with those tall ones that old guys like me prefer, replaced 10 light fixtures and installed a ceiling fan, and I am in the process of installing an ice maker at the bar. Some folks like theirs on the rocks.) Oh, yeah, the deck and dock have to be painted and the pontoon prepared for the winter.

I have several items being delivered over the next few weeks, and, being a working stiff (if you can call teaching at college "work"), I have to use my weekends to both install, build, and supervise the hired professionals. I'm too old for the heavy lifting.

I trust Michael (@tripleblessed), Lamar, et al will assume the loose reins I have dropped, hoist the mains'l, and continue to march. (How's that for a mixed bag of mixed metaphors.) I do know that Greg would gladly have all the lads and lasses at the Celtic Tavern on Friday evening as per usual (or any other evening for that matter; they're open every night), so go for it. It's more fun and less stuffy than the Sponsors' Reception, and you can actually talk and reive cattle if the mood strikes you. Besides, they love a man in a kilt there.
    Jim Killman
    Writer, Philosopher, Teacher of English and Math, Soldier of Fortune, Bon Vivant, Heart Transplant Recipient, Knight of St. Andrew (among other knighthoods)
    Freedom is not free, but the US Marine Corps will pay most of your share.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123