X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website Kilt Society website
The Scottish Trading Company Xmarks advertising information MacGregor and MacDuff Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not at work but most of the rest of the time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I got my Sport Kilt, I've worn it about 3-4 times a month. I may wear my Damn Near Kilt 'Em one once the warm weather backs off a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the answers.

Thank you to all who answered my last post. I have worn it a few times out and living in an area of PA that is very closed minded it draws a lot of stares and confusion. My goal is to find out more about my heritage and represent it properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pa J View Post
    Thank you to all who answered my last post. I have worn it a few times out and living in an area of PA that is very closed minded it draws a lot of stares and confusion. My goal is to find out more about my heritage and represent it properly.
    Yesterday I wore my Kilt all day. Wore it to Church, and I only had one person look at me with Disapproving Eyes. And I think she was more surprised than anything else. After Church I went to St Jacobs to the Scottish Store I frequent, and walking from the car to the shop, I got smiles, some hellos and a couple of Approving Nods from the Ladies. On the way home I stopped in the Market to get some things for Supper and for my Lunches through the week, and not one person noticed.. Once I got back home I went to visit a friend tending to a Table in the Pavilion in the Park behind my apartment, and didn't get one look or stare, I did get some compliments on my Highland Dress. I had on my Utility Kilt, but was sporting a nice Dress Shirt with Tartan Necktie, also had my Black Socks almost like Kilt Hose in lenght, and Blue Flashes. I wear a Sporran with the Utility Kilt when I am out in Public. When I am home, I just wear the Kilt with a T-Shirt.

Last Sunday, I wore my Nice Blazer, and Slacks with Shirt and Tartan Necktie to Church. I then went shopping before heading to visit my Sister. I had more people staring at me with in this on in the grocery store, than if I walked in with my Kilt. I live in a very Multi-Cultural City and it isn't uncommon to see someone wearing their traditional clothing. I guess seeing someone in a Kilt in Kitchener isn't something too startling...

In about a month the City will be overflowing with Lederhosen and Traditional German Dress, Oktoberfest will be on... One of the clothing store owners, suggested I go to the Oktoberfest store and see what I can get for long hose, might fine something that is close to Kilt Hose.

As I wear the Kilt, I get more comfortable wearing it. and One thing I did notice, the Ladies like to see a Fellow in a Kilt...

Enjoy the kilt, and Good Luck on finding out about your Heritage...

Bill..
    Last edited by Famous Willie; 11th September 17 at 06:37 PM.

SBurton is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recently, I've been wearing daily once I get home.

Looking forward to the day when I get my courage screwed up enough to show up at work in a kilt.
    Q: What does a Scotsman wear under his kilt?

A: Socks and shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work 3 days a week. I can't be kilted at work so I wear my kilt every day that I don't work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the time while at home, but my wife insists that elsewhere I can only wear it if I'm going to some kind of celtic event, such as a festival or WHY.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only times I wear Highland Dress are:

1) when doing a public piping performance, either a gig or competition.

2) attending Highland Games and not competing (making me an odd bird in the eyes of my fellow pipers).

3) when I'm expected to appear in dressy clothes, since I haven't owned a suit in decades. (This is Southern California and such occasions are few and far between.)

4) when I'm doing my WWII thing.

So, if I have three piping gigs in a week I'll be kilted three times that week. If a go a couple weeks with no gigs and no Games I'll not be kilted over that period.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first white settlers on the Guyandotte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wear a kilt daily around the house, neighborhood and usually when out and about. I'm in western PA and have only seen one other kilted fellow in my 4 or 5 years of wearing kilt. I can't let folks closed minds affect my comfort.
    I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots. Einstein (maybe)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234