X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website Kilt Society website
The Scottish Trading Company Xmarks advertising information MacGregor and MacDuff Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't own anything else
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=Red]Go, have fun, don't work at, make it fun![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [color=green]Kilt them, for they know not, what they wear.[/color] Where am I now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been wearing my kilt to Church since Easter and wherever I happen to be after that. This last Sunday I went to Costco and had three people comment on it; an older woman said "nice kilt," another man asked me if I was a "Scotsman" (to which I simply replied yes just to save time explaining that I have Scottish ancestry, which around here is almost always what someone means if they ask "are you [fill in the blank]?"), finally, I was asked for change by a homeless man in the parking lot who proceeded to ask me if I was Irish (I feel like there is a stingy/frugal Scottish joke in there since I only gave him a dollar but I can't articulate it right now).

And that kind of sums up the range of comments I usually get. People love it or are curious about it. I've yet to come across anyone who felt a need to voice disapproval. I think enough people in San Diego dress like slobs that a man in a shirt, tie, and shined shoes seems well put together, whatever he wears below the equator.

I also wear the kilt out for special occasions (like I would a suit). I took my wife out to Balboa Park for our anniversary; dinner and the performance of King Richard II at the Old Globe Theater. One funny thing that happened was that I crossed paths with a man in a black utilikilt, t-shirt, and a big, feathered, pirate hat (think Barbossa from pirates of the Caribbean) so I stopped to stare a moment and he saw me in my tartan kilt, tie, and jacket and we just kind of smiled and nodded at each other. I don't think either of us expected to see another guy in a kilt and the contrast of our outfits was extreme enough to be pretty funny.
    Last edited by FossilHunter; 28th September 17 at 07:44 PM.

3. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to FossilHunter For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how often do you wear your kilt

wear mine about 10 times a year, usually on a ladies night dinners and cruises
    Dirk95

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pa J View Post
    I am just curious how often do people wear there kilts.
    Everyday
    I wear different kilts depending on what I'm doing, but no matter what I'm doing, im doing it in a kilt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the moment, not nearly enough. I currently only have one that I wear for festivals, special occasions, and piping. I think I will wear a kilt more often once I get to 2 or 3 kilts in the wardrobe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wear a kilt when the situation warrants.
    Mark Anthony Henderson
    Virtus et Victoria - Virtue and Victory
    "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least every week - if I'm not at work, and out of the house with friends or attending any kind of event - I've been kilted for about 6 months ~

And I just came back from travelling in Europe visiting family and attending a wedding in Cornwall, and I was kilted the whole time ~

Here are some photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eTOkf4OrFdz4ZlQV2

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to pushka For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345