X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: At the market

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the market

A lovely Sep day for the local farmers market. PV grey granite with subdued accessories. Was good for some pleasant comments and conversations. One elderly lady saying she thought it was very good form and wished she'd see more of them. My personal mission, I replied. Wear a kilt often enough so that others with them wear them too. One fellow approached with the tartan name question and then quite politely asked if the underwear question gets asked very often. His wife admonished him. He said "because I'm only asking for her of course" she flustered and looked busily at the stand offerings. And otherwise, just a usual morning at the market. The way it should be.
    Last edited by Taskr; 10th September 17 at 04:13 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to Taskr For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taskr View Post
    A lovely Sep day for the local farmers market. PV grey granite with subdued accessories. Was good for some pleasant comments and conversations. One elderly lady saying she thought it was very good form and wished she'd see more of them. My person mission, I replied. Wear a kilt often enough so that others with them wear them too. One fellow approached with the tartan name question and then quite politely asked if the underwear question gets asked very often. His wife admonished him. He said "because I'm only asking for her of course" she flustered and looked busily at the stand offerings. And otherwise, just a usual morning at the market. The way it should be.
    It was a "Grand Day", wore my Kilt to Church, then went to St Jacobs to the Wee Scottish Store I buy most of my Scottish Wear at. At Church and at St Jacobs and later at the Market fetching some things for Supper, I wasn't even given a Second Look. In fact I was smiled at, and some even gave me an approving nod.. Last week when I wore my Blazer and Slacks to Church, stopped at the local Grocery to get some things afterward, and I lost count as to the number of looks I got with my Blazer, and Nice Slacks on. I can only assume they liked my Canadian "Maple Leaf Tartan" Necktie I was sporting.

Once home, I walked over to the Pavilion in the Park behind my apartment to meet a friend who was working one of the Tables and about the only one who questioned me was my Neighbour. She was wondering why I'd be wearing a Kilt of all things.. It's not that she didn't approve, but was just curious.
    Last edited by Famous Willie; 10th September 17 at 03:27 PM.
    Bill...
    “Canadian Grown and Raised from Scottish Roots!”.....
    "Clan Farquharson, & Clan Fraser of Lovat"....

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Famous Willie For This Useful Post: